The Student Room Group

Withdrew from PGCE course and now I’m regretting it

I withdrew because I had offers from Australian universities and ideally Australia was the place I wanted to study.

However because of the pandemic their reopening plans have been further delayed so I’m now left with not a lot of options.

I feel really depressed but at the same time I heard a lot of horror stories about the PGCE so I’m on the fence as well.

I guess it wasn’t meant to be..
No point pitying yourself, it's your fault and no one else's
Reply 2
Original post by My dude 01

I thought
Original post by My dude 01
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by BRZ97
I thought

So man up
Original post by BRZ97
I withdrew because I had offers from Australian universities and ideally Australia was the place I wanted to study.

However because of the pandemic their reopening plans have been further delayed so I’m now left with not a lot of options.

I feel really depressed but at the same time I heard a lot of horror stories about the PGCE so I’m on the fence as well.

Everything happens for a reason. Don't worry it was probably meant to be and something bigger better more you will come up. The pandemic has really thrown spanners in the works but we will survive. Chin up :smile:
Why don’t you just work for a bit? It’ll give you some time to decide what to do next. No point doing a PGCE if your heart isn’t in it.
Original post by BRZ97

Have you thought about volunteering in schools if you are unsure about doing a PGCE?
Reply 7
Original post by BRZ97

Let this be a lesson to you.

That said. you never have no options. Just not necessarily the options you would prefer, but you can still make bold decisions about the direction of your life.

Yes - PGCE in the UK is tough. It is generally people who can't cope with constant critiques of their very sole and extreme hard work who can't hack it, but if you can do a PGCE, you can do anything. And it is revered around the world.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending