Anyone done Landscape Architecture Master's at ECA / Edinburgh Uni? Is it awful?

Watch this thread
808state
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I was going to apply for this year but Covid is still making stuff uncertain and it's a lot of money (19.5k for two years.. )

I liked the idea of Edinburgh over Sheffield and thought it had a good rep but my dad just sent me this and now I'm totally put off it:

https://archive.is/AnNvw/

Both because of the bullying behaviour (not the first story I've seen about Edinburgh tbh) and also the class sizes. How can anyone do a studio based course with 65+ people in it?!

My undergraduate had max 20 for most modules, maybe 35 for a few and that was busy enough. With the cost and everything you want to know it's worth it.
Last edited by 808state; 10 months ago
ango96
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 months ago
Yes I've heard both Sheffield and Edinburgh have fairly large class sizes but hadn't heard of the bullying, that's terrible. I've got an MLA offer from there so I'm interested in the responses too!
Last edited by ango96; 10 months ago
808state
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by ango96)
Yes I've heard both Sheffield and Edinburgh have fairly large class sizes but hadn't heard of the bullying, that's terrible. I've got an MLA offer from there so I'm interested in the responses too!
I looked at the Student satisfaction scores for the undergrad courses and Sheffield is much better! I never know how much faith to put in them though.

https://www.theuniguide.co.uk/univer...2-da8c78e6d011

Did you do a Landscape architecture undergraduate degree too?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (45)
30.61%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (65)
44.22%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (36)
24.49%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.68%

Watched Threads