The Student Room Group

Is it wise to do UCAT whilst revising for A-Level Resits?

Hi everyone,

I’m currently in a stuck position. (Posted about my situation quite a few times because I’m quite lost lol)

To summarise; I got BBC in bio chem and maths respectively, I want better and could get better it’s just a matter of if it’s possible to, granted that I and probably everyone else who finished this year have not finished all their content for their subjects

This is enough however to apply for foundation courses though the only one I would realistically go to is Nottingham. So I’m looking to do the UCAT so I can apply there.

I’m just wondering if it’s wise to do the UCAT whilst studying for three subjects all within a month. My UCAT is on the 20th September, my resits start on the 5th October.

ALSO, does anyone know if I were to apply to the foundation courses with BBC since I meet the requirements but then were to exceed these grades and get high enough where it COULD be eligible for the standard course, what do I do?

And also how do I go about applying? Do I apply to standard med courses in hopes I get the grades where I say they’re pending because of resits but then would I be apply with BBC? Would I not be rejected because of that immediately?
Hi,

Unfortunately, I can't help.

But hopefully someone who can will see this post.
Wouldn’t have you have done something similar in Year 12? I’m doing it now, but not with resits (sorry) but with just basic September mocks and I PERSONALLY I have found difficult, the UCAT drains me so much - and I do it in the morning so I have the rest of the day but still feel so tired.

I might be the only person feeling this way and that’s why I’d say take what I’m saying with a grain of salt, it’s definitely doable but exhausting so exhausting especially seeing as your resits are wayyyy more important than my mocks.
Original post by studentinneed17
Hi everyone,

I’m currently in a stuck position. (Posted about my situation quite a few times because I’m quite lost lol)

To summarise; I got BBC in bio chem and maths respectively, I want better and could get better it’s just a matter of if it’s possible to, granted that I and probably everyone else who finished this year have not finished all their content for their subjects

This is enough however to apply for foundation courses though the only one I would realistically go to is Nottingham. So I’m looking to do the UCAT so I can apply there.

I’m just wondering if it’s wise to do the UCAT whilst studying for three subjects all within a month. My UCAT is on the 20th September, my resits start on the 5th October.

ALSO, does anyone know if I were to apply to the foundation courses with BBC since I meet the requirements but then were to exceed these grades and get high enough where it COULD be eligible for the standard course, what do I do?

And also how do I go about applying? Do I apply to standard med courses in hopes I get the grades where I say they’re pending because of resits but then would I be apply with BBC? Would I not be rejected because of that immediately?

I would advise against doing the UCAT and the A Level Re-sits at the same time. The UCAT has a high weighting on your overall application so don't take the decision to do both at the same time lightly. Doing them all at once will overwhelm you unless you feel you have mastered the content and don't need to revise as much.

Foundation programmes are your best bet as the 5 year programmes require at least BBB unless there are extenuating circumstances. The source is linked so you can have a read if you'd like. (Source: https://www.themedicportal.com/application-guide/choosing-a-medical-school/medical-school-a-level-resit-policies/)

Good luck :smile:
I had my ucat today and im resitting one A level
u have 2 options that id recommend:
1. Resit and get highest grades possible and revise less for ucat
2. Revise UCAT well and resit
Honestly, universities are kinder to gap year students than to resit applicants.
At the end of the day only you know what youre capable of.
Good Luck buddy!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending