The Student Room Group

Medical School Volunteering

Hi,
I am just about to start my A-levels and am trying to find volunteering to help with my Medical school application. However, I am struggling because many places with volunteering schemes are suspended because of COVID.
Has anyone got any ideas to help my find something, or what type of volunteering medical schools are looking for?

Thank you :smile:
Check out Brighton and Sussex for some virtual work experience. You do not have to complete clinical work experience, unis understand you may not have the chance due to COVID. Instead you can work in retail or something which can help build up skills that you can talk about in your personal statement and interviews. Volunteering in charity shops or care homes can also be helpful.
Most medical schools don't really care what sort of volunteering you do, as long as you can talk about what you have learnt/gained from it during interviews and personal statements.
Reply 2
Original post by Skye_04
Hi,
I am just about to start my A-levels and am trying to find volunteering to help with my Medical school application. However, I am struggling because many places with volunteering schemes are suspended because of COVID.
Has anyone got any ideas to help my find something, or what type of volunteering medical schools are looking for?

Thank you :smile:

As above check out the BSMS Online Work Experience and have a read of this thread:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6929328

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending