Girlbyeee
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Human morality is the result of human evolution.

What can we say about this?
Jannyshiks
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
Humans are animals who have developed from non-human predecessors. But our "physical frame," as well as the abilities that come with it, demonstrate that we are a distinct species of animal, a different kind of ape, with distinguishing characteristics, one of which is the moral sense, which, according to Darwin, is the most significant. People have moral ideals, which means they accept norms that determine whether their actions are right or bad, good or evil. Individual and cultural rules for judging moral behaviors vary to some extent (though other norms, such as not killing, not stealing, and honoring one's parents, are ubiquitous and maybe universal), but value judgments about human behavior are conveyed in all cultures. This uniformity raises two interrelated questions: if moral sensibility is a component of human nature, another facet of our biological make-up; and whether ethical standards are the result of biological evolution rather than religion or other cultural aspects.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (68)
33.01%
Yes - a trusted person (58)
28.16%
No (53)
25.73%
I'm not sure (27)
13.11%

Watched Threads