The Student Room Group

over ate for two days..

so I over ate by at least 5000-10000 calories each day over the past two days and I was wondering what I should do as I know 3500 calories = 1 pound so that means I would of put on 6 pounds making me 6 stone 13 pounds, how can I get rid of the weight that I've put on because of it quickly?
You won't have digested all of those calories, you won't have put on more than a lil water weight in 2 days
Reply 2
What is your height, age and are you M or F? Have you ever checked your BMI as a guide?

Your body won't just have taken on all those calories as you naturally burn some off, but don't worry about a tiny bit of weight gain when you are under 7 stone anyway.
Reply 3
Original post by moonanisar17
You won't have digested all of those calories, you won't have put on more than a lil water weight in 2 days

so if I go back to eating normally, my weight will level out again?
Reply 4
Original post by Surnia
What is your height, age and are you M or F? Have you ever checked your BMI as a guide?

Your body won't just have taken on all those calories as you naturally burn some off, but don't worry about a tiny bit of weight gain when you are under 7 stone anyway.

female and I'm 5 foot 4. so do you recommend just acknowledge that it happened but continue to eat normally? or restrict for a week or two to drop the weight again? thank you so much!
Original post by Anonymous
female and I'm 5 foot 4. so do you recommend just acknowledge that it happened but continue to eat normally? or restrict for a week or two to drop the weight again? thank you so much!

It would be much better to just eat healthily and normally and nourish your body, than restrict your eating. If I'm understanding you right and you are about 95 pounds, it would be unhealthy and dangerous to lose any more weight.

I suspect you're on some sort of restrictive diet already and I implore you to drop it and eat in a way that's healthy and sustainable in the long term.
Lol - you see - you can’t restrict your food intake and starve because your body naturally will make up those lost calories. You will binge eat and this is a cycle for as long as you keep it up! The rest of your life basically. What’s the point starving when you just put the weight on again? Just eat fruit and veg and make a lifestyle change you can sustain
Reply 7
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
It would be much better to just eat healthily and normally and nourish your body, than restrict your eating. If I'm understanding you right and you are about 95 pounds, it would be unhealthy and dangerous to lose any more weight.

I suspect you're on some sort of restrictive diet already and I implore you to drop it and eat in a way that's healthy and sustainable in the long term.

thank you for your response. I have started to eat normally and healthily to the best of my abilities which may of caused the binged due to have complete unrestricted access to any good that I wanted to eat as I wanted to try intuitive eating :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Aliyah1981
Lol - you see - you can’t restrict your food intake and starve because your body naturally will make up those lost calories. You will binge eat and this is a cycle for as long as you keep it up! The rest of your life basically. What’s the point starving when you just put the weight on again? Just eat fruit and veg and make a lifestyle change you can sustain

I already eat at least 7 portions of fruit and vegetables a day, sometimes even up to 10 portions and have managed to sustain it for 8 months
I already eat at least 7 portions of fruit and vegetables a day, sometimes even up to 10 portions and have managed to sustain it for 8 months

Ok that’s great! Then don’t worry about overeating- the fibre from your fruit and veg diet will clean the crap out and you will have burned off some excess calories naturally. I think you’re fine
so I over ate by at least 5000-10000 calories each day over the past two days and I was wondering what I should do as I know 3500 calories = 1 pound so that means I would of put on 6 pounds making me 6 stone 13 pounds, how can I get rid of the weight that I've put on because of it quickly

Your body needs calories to function so the above isn't necessarily true
Just eat less for the next few days and try to get some more exercise in if possible

It's ok to indulge now and again
You'll be fine, it's ok to indulge like that once in a while. Don't restrict eating the next few days, just eat normally :smile:
thank you for your response. I have started to eat normally and healthily to the best of my abilities which may of caused the binged due to have complete unrestricted access to any good that I wanted to eat as I wanted to try intuitive eating :smile:

Have you got some support around your eating habits? It’s really hard to break a negative relationship with food on your own, so it might be worth reaching out to some professionals?

Quick Reply

Latest