The Student Room Group

Big 4 salaries

I have been trying to find out how your salary would progress in the big 4. However, all the salaries I find are for audit. Does anyone know what your salary would be in deal advisory and how this would progress with promotions?

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Also how would this change for regional offices?
Original post by ollst311
I have been trying to find out how your salary would progress in the big 4. However, all the salaries I find are for audit. Does anyone know what your salary would be in deal advisory and how this would progress with promotions?

Thanks

34 k approx out of school at least Deloitte check out corporate development though its more lucrative
Reply 3
Thanks and how does that develop as you get promoted
Thanks and how does that develop as you get promoted

depends but u should hit 70-80k with experience however the big money is on the buy-side in PE, VC, hedge funds etc...
Reply 5
Ok thanks

Does anyone else have any ideas?
Original post by heythere12798
34 k approx out of school at least Deloitte check out corporate development though its more lucrative

is that starting salary for a grad in London? for which role/dept?
Reply 7
Which department do you want to know because I can give you the salary for all of them apart from merges and acquisitions??
Which department do you want to know because I can give you the salary for all of them apart from merges and acquisitions??

The following please:
- Deal Advisory / Transaction Services
- Audit
- Management/Business Consulting
- Technology Consulting
Audit at EY is around 25 k in Leeds and Manchester offices starting salary
Senior/exec level is 30
Manager is 50
Reply 10
I also want to know what deal advisory is paid?
M&A Deloitte pays grads £23-£25k outside of London, have a friend starting this September.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 12
Ok thanks.

Do you know what office that is in?
Ok thanks.

Do you know what office that is in?

Hi, I can't disclose that as M&A intake was quite small this year, it's more north in the UK.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 14
Ok thanks
Reply 15
Do you know how this salary progresses over time as you get your accounting qualification and get promoted??
Do you know how this salary progresses over time as you get your accounting qualification and get promoted??

They are not required to do ACCA/CIMA accounting qualifications, but rather CFA. As for the progression in terms of the salary, I am not sure sorry.
(edited 2 years ago)
Hey! I did a video on BIG 4 salaries in London a couple of months ago.

For non-audit departments it does vary, but add 10% to base salary and that would be a rough area.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Here is my YT channel full of other BIG 4 advice > https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkX2MxNrlC2F6l2hxKxCO-A
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 18
Do you know how that would change for regional??
Original post by jamessalberts
Hey! I did a video on BIG 4 salaries in London a couple of months ago.

For non-audit departments it does vary, but add 10% to base salary and that would be a rough area.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Here is my YT channel full of other BIG 4 advice > https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkX2MxNrlC2F6l2hxKxCO-A

Bit of a niche question, but do you know how much the big 4 typically pay for pension contribution?

I heard the maximum EY contribute is 6%, not sure if this is right and would like to know about the other Big 4s

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending