is there any hope in helping this person?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
if someone who is a victim of domestic abuse doesn’t ever take it to court is there no hope in getting the abuser locked up? Even if there are witnesses but the actual victim themselves won’t make the case…?
Old Skool Freak
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
if someone who is a victim of domestic abuse doesn’t ever take it to court is there no hope in getting the abuser locked up? Even if there are witnesses but the actual victim themselves won’t make the case…?
Have you got solid proof of what's happening?

It'll be difficult for the police to do much unless the victim makes the complaint. You can report it to the police and they may ask to speak to the victim (sometimes an officer with good people skills can persuade them). Other than that, what about exes of the abused victim? Can you contact them? Will they be willing to make a complaint?
londonmyst
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
Possibly.

It depends on what crimes the abuser has committed and in which country.
Sometimes where the crimes occurred and how many reliable witnesses are willing to testify as to events of the crime.
Along whether there is strong independent evidence like cctv or plenty of forensic corroboration, if an illegal substance or weapon was involved, the seriousness of physical injuries inflicted or statements of plenty of eyewitnesses who are random strangers with no criminal records/little history of involvement with the abuser or victim.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Old Skool Freak)
Have you got solid proof of what's happening?

It'll be difficult for the police to do much unless the victim makes the complaint. You can report it to the police and they may ask to speak to the victim (sometimes an officer with good people skills can persuade them). Other than that, what about exes of the abused victim? Can you contact them? Will they be willing to make a complaint?
They’re married with no previous partners, you see the victim will defend this person till death theres no hope in them making a complaint…its just if I go police and they speak to said victim they will make out everything is okay and then they’ll have a go at me for telling
Anonymous #1
(Original post by londonmyst)
Possibly.

It depends on what crimes the abuser has committed and in which country.
Sometimes where the crimes occurred and how many reliable witnesses are willing to testify as to events of the crime.
Along whether there is strong independent evidence like cctv or plenty of forensic corroboration, if an illegal substance or weapon was involved, the seriousness of physical injuries inflicted or statements of plenty of eyewitnesses who are random strangers with no criminal records/little history of involvement with the abuser or victim.
well it’s domestic so all in the household so no cctv or anything like that .. the only witnesses are the people within the household..
Old Skool Freak
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
They’re married with no previous partners, you see the victim will defend this person till death theres no hope in them making a complaint…its just if I go police and they speak to said victim they will make out everything is okay and then they’ll have a go at me for telling
It's just a thought... but what about spy cameras?

I mean, you hear stories on how people are being spied on for "entertainment purposes"... could you or the residents set something like that up (only using it for honourable purposes, of course)
Old Skool Freak
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
well it’s domestic so all in the household so no cctv or anything like that .. the only witnesses are the people within the household..
At the very least, someone could record what's happenig on their phones (even if it's only audio).
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Old Skool Freak)
At the very least, someone could record what's happenig on their phones (even if it's only audio).
yeh its just wen it does happen which isn’t very often the situation escalates very quickly like 1 to 100 so hard to know wen something bout to happen and when to start recording
Old Skool Freak
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
yeh its just wen it does happen which isn’t very often the situation escalates very quickly like 1 to 100 so hard to know wen something bout to happen and when to start recording
You might want to do your research on hidden cameras... and see if that's a viable option.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (79)
13.57%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (11)
1.89%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (147)
25.26%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (47)
8.08%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (280)
48.11%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.09%

Watched Threads