The Student Room Group

Satnav problem

Does anyone know why my satnav won't charge in a car? The satnav is brand new, and it charges in my dad's car, however, when I plug the satnav in my car it won't charge.

Any help is much appreciated :smile:.
What brand do you have? My sat nav charges in my car but I have to charge it in my house first as it won’t work if it’s too low. Maybe it’s an issue with the socket area where you plug itnin
If it charges in your dads car but not yours then thats a clear sign that its something to do with the socket in your car? maybe try plugging something else into your cars socket and see if it charges? seems very much like your socket isn't working.
Reply 3
Probably the fuse in the socket
Original post by flamingolover
What brand do you have? My sat nav charges in my car but I have to charge it in my house first as it won’t work if it’s too low. Maybe it’s an issue with the socket area where you plug itnin

My satnav brand is Tomtom. Hmm, I might have to do that, that's annoying :/
Original post by Nick6501
If it charges in your dads car but not yours then thats a clear sign that its something to do with the socket in your car? maybe try plugging something else into your cars socket and see if it charges? seems very much like your socket isn't working.

Never heard of a socket problem in a car before. Do you reckon I would be able to get it fixed?
Of note, my car has two USB type ports. One will charge devices, but the other only works as an AUX input, it doesn’t charge at all.

Do any other devices charge via the same socket? If not, check the owners manual to see if it is an input only socket.
Original post by Queenbee1323
My satnav brand is Tomtom. Hmm, I might have to do that, that's annoying :/

I have a Tomtom as well
Original post by Queenbee1323
Never heard of a socket problem in a car before. Do you reckon I would be able to get it fixed?

Yeah my first cars socket wouldn't work at all and just had a local garage fix it within not even 5 mins it was something to do with a fuse i believe.
Reply 9
My socket doesn't work in my van due to a fuse, afaik its an easy fix I've just not had time to sort it. That is likely your problem
Have a look inside the socket first to make sure there's nothing in there like a coin which would have caused the fuse to blow in the first place, and then get the user manual out and look how to replace the fuse for the 12V sockets.

Most people don't read the manual and then wonder why they don't know how anything works..
Check the fuse! Almost guarantee that’ll be your problem.
Original post by Nuffles
Have a look inside the socket first to make sure there's nothing in there like a coin which would have caused the fuse to blow in the first place, and then get the user manual out and look how to replace the fuse for the 12V sockets.

Most people don't read the manual and then wonder why they don't know how anything works..

Hahaha, it's my first car, so I'm a bit unsure of the function inside the car. Yeah it probs the fuse, because it's where the cigarette lighter is and that doesn't heat up. So I will definitely check the manual guide to see what it says, thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending