Traveling to portugal

Watch this thread
jun50820
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi everyone,
I am planning on traveling to portugal to visit some family friends soon, and I am so confused about the covid travel restrictions on entering portugal. I am fully vaccinated and I have a eu vaccine passport. On the gov.uk website it says this;

If you do not have an EU digital COVID vaccination certificate:
  • take a COVID-19 test (children up to the age of 11 are exempt). This can be an RT-PCR test taken within 72 hours of departure, or an antigen test taken within 48 hours of departure. If you have an antigen test, make sure it meets the standards set out in the EU common list of Rapid Antigen Tests . Check your test result identifies the type of test taken and gives your name, date of birth, the date and time the sample was collected and the date of the result. You should not use the NHS testing service to get a test in order to facilitate your travel to another country. You should arrange to take a private test.
  • complete an online passenger locator card (see also ‘Quarantining on arrival in mainland Portugal’ if you are travelling from the UK’)
  • if you have one, download your NHS COVID-19 vaccination certificate showing you have been fully vaccinated with an EU approved COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to travel.
  • If you have an EU digital COVID-19 vaccination certificate:

But it also says;
You will be asked to show a negative test certificate and/or COVID vaccination certificate and your passenger locator form when you check-in for your flight to mainland Portugal.

I’m a bit confused because even though I have a eu vaccine passport, I’m still flying from the uk. Does that mean I still require a negative pcr test before flying?

If someone could help me out with this confusing info I would really appreciate it 😭
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (275)
42.05%
The paper was reasonable (270)
41.28%
Not feeling great about that exam... (60)
9.17%
It was TERRIBLE (49)
7.49%

Watched Threads