bulbethaur
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by EOData)
Just to check I understand your post, you haven't started studying 3 A levels yet but you want to take the exams in Summer 2022?

There won't be any funding given your age and the fact that you've already studied Level 3 qualifications. Some people dos just teach them selves and not pay for an online provider which would save a fair bit of money. The exam fees are not included in online course fees anyway (expect tp pay around £250 per A level in exam fees).

At the moment exams are still meant to be going ahead for everyone in Summer 2022. There in info f5or private candidates here: https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ate-candidates
Yes, I will either be doing the exams in June 2022 or 2023. I know I could go back to college with an advanced learner loan, but I'd have to be there for 2 years, which feels like too long for me. Is it possible to self study these subjects? I've done psychology before so I'm fairly confident I can manage it, and I'm sure Sociology is fairly similar but I don't know about the other since it's essay based.
Jdan12341451
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by cabava)
This is a thread for any A-level private candidates sitting their A levels in 2022!

Everyone introduce themselves and say what A levels they´re doing. I´ll start:

Hi, my name´s Helena and I´m doing Business Studies, Law and Psychology
Hi my names Jayden and I’m doing Economics, Business, Politics and Maths
cabava
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Jdan12341451)
Hi my names Jayden and I’m doing Economics, Business, Politics and Maths
Hi Jayden!!!! How are you finding your course so far??
daylight08
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Okay umm.. My statement of entry shows that my Further Maths and Decision Maths is IAL unit type... But I would like to cash in it as IAS Further Maths. Would this be a problem if I have to cash it in?
EOData
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by daylight08)
Okay umm.. My statement of entry shows that my Further Maths and Decision Maths is IAL unit type... But I would like to cash in it as IAS Further Maths. Would this be a problem if I have to cash it in?
You can only cash-in a qualification when you have entered for all the units for it but if the units you are taking are an allowable combination for AS FM then you should be fine.
daylight08
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
You can only cash-in a qualification when you have entered for all the units for it but if the units you are taking are an allowable combination for AS FM then you should be fine.
Awesome! Thank youu
justlearning1469
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
The flexibility that was lost when they changed England A-levels to a linear structure. However, this change reduced the amount of resits.
justlearning1469
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Do you think universities might lower their offers as a result of seeing candidates do their exams privately (self-taught) rather than through a school?

It can help me decide whether I should just self-teach myself A-levels quicker than going to a sixth form.
Last edited by justlearning1469; 1 week ago
EOData
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by justlearning1469)
The flexibility that was lost when they changed England A-levels to a linear structure. However, this change reduced the amount of resits.
Sure, but people no longer re-sitting early units 4 times (as used to happen when the UK had 2 exam seasons a year) has to be a good thing. There was a GCSE science spec with 8 units per GCSE and 3 chances to take the exams annually. As quite a few students started in Year 9 they could - and did attempt some units up to 9 times. As one student said 'It's mutli-guess miss. I'm bound to strike lucky eventually'.
Hanna044
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by cabava)
This is a thread for any A-level private candidates sitting their A levels in 2022!

Everyone introduce themselves and say what A levels they´re doing. I´ll start:

Hi, my name´s Helena and I´m doing Business Studies, Law and Psychology
Hi,
I am Hanna and doing my A2 levels for CIE Business, Law and Economics
samisasam
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Hey guys! If you feel like exams should be cancelled for 2022 plz sign the petition Due to the lack of support from online learning during the closure of all schools in the UK, many students don't have sufficient education to undertake these exams without severe psychological distress. In addition to this, the majority of educational establishments in the UK didn't have the capacity needs to supply education from a remote learning environment. The overall causality will be a huge amount of failing students who will not be able to apply to university or find a proper career.

here is the link: https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/597282
TomR4
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 day ago
Hi, my name's Tom and I am doing Business independently in my gap year.

I was looking through the specification and realised that there is pre-released material for paper 3 every year. I can't access this as I dont have a teacher and you need a teacher's pearson account to open the PDF of the material and some of the past papers. I was just wondering if anyone could provide the pre-released paper 3 content or give suggestions as to how I can access the materials that are padlocked on pearson.
aliaa03
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by TomR4)
Hi, my name's Tom and I am doing Business independently in my gap year.

I was looking through the specification and realised that there is pre-released material for paper 3 every year. I can't access this as I dont have a teacher and you need a teacher's pearson account to open the PDF of the material and some of the past papers. I was just wondering if anyone could provide the pre-released paper 3 content or give suggestions as to how I can access the materials that are padlocked on pearson.
Hi Tom, which specification are you doing? I sat A level Business Edexcel in autumn 2021 and got an A* so if you need any tips// advice I'd love to help !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (56)
12.33%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (8)
1.76%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (122)
26.87%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (41)
9.03%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (212)
46.7%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
3.3%

Watched Threads