The Student Room Group

Which is the best movie you have ever seen?

List the movies you like and why you like it or what you think is best in it?

Scroll to see replies

Clockwork Orange - My favourite thing about it is the mixing of sound and images and Alex is probably my favourite character in fiction. Way better than the book
Amadeus - I love so much about this film but the thing I enjoy the most is probably the costume and set design, and the dynamic between Amadeus and Salieri is really fascinating
The Hunt - It's a soul crushing film and that's mainly down to the acting. There isn't a single line of dialogue that feels unconvincing
Before Sunrise - It's just such a pleasant film, and that goes for the Sunset and Midnight too. I adore the dialogue between the 2 main characters and just how much you get to bond and learn about them.
Whiplash - I like just about everything here, the cinematography, acting, sound aspects and just how intense the film feels and of course the ending.
Original post by FutureFries
List the movies you like and why you like it or what you think is best in it?

2001: A Space Odyssey
Schindler's List
Lord of the Rings trilogy
Star Wars Original trilogy
Wallace and Gromit: The Wrong Trousers
Schindler’s List
The Sound of Music
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
Paddington 2
Original post by averageadrian
Clockwork Orange - My favourite thing about it is the mixing of sound and images and Alex is probably my favourite character in fiction. Way better than the book
Amadeus - I love so much about this film but the thing I enjoy the most is probably the costume and set design, and the dynamic between Amadeus and Salieri is really fascinating
The Hunt - It's a soul crushing film and that's mainly down to the acting. There isn't a single line of dialogue that feels unconvincing
Before Sunrise - It's just such a pleasant film, and that goes for the Sunset and Midnight too. I adore the dialogue between the 2 main characters and just how much you get to bond and learn about them.
Whiplash - I like just about everything here, the cinematography, acting, sound aspects and just how intense the film feels and of course the ending.

Amadeus was completely destroyed for me by Mozart... just being juvenile, American-y & irritating for 3 hours straight. kind of a problem when he's the main character. Salieri was amazing though

Clockwork Orange is right up there as one of my old time favourites though!...love a bit of the old Ludwig Van.
Original post by A Rolling Stone
Amadeus was completely destroyed for me by Mozart... just being juvenile, American-y & irritating for 3 hours straight. kind of a problem when he's the main character. Salieri was amazing though

Clockwork Orange is right up there as one of my old time favourites though!...love a bit of the old Ludwig Van.

I can see why Mozart being juvenile would be seen as irritating but I didn't mind it. It's a cool subversion of expectations that I think is historically accurate too. Did you watch the Directors Cut that's 3 hours or the 150 minute version. The shorter one is way better imo
Reply 8
Inception. like, why would you even ask this :dontknow:
Original post by tande33
Paddington 2

I loved Paddington. But haven't seen Paddington 2 yet.
Original post by Emma:-)
I loved Paddington. But haven't seen Paddington 2 yet.

Oh you must, Paddington 2 is like 10x better than the original. If you cry at films I would be armed with tissues though its an emotional rollercoaster haha!
The Italian job.

It's a classic film that never gets old.
Plus I love minis.
Original post by tande33
Oh you must, Paddington 2 is like 10x better than the original. If you cry at films I would be armed with tissues though its an emotional rollercoaster haha!

I'll have to watch it.
Shrek is just ****ing spectacular. Everything about it is cooked to perfection. I am a simp for Shrek.
Original post by Emma:-)
I'll have to watch it.

Get back to me with your opinion once you have!
Sound of Music
Little Women
In the heights
Reply 16
Airplane! is ****ing hilarious
Life of Brian as well, but with added poignancy

In a completely different vein:
Dunkirk, though it's very stressful to watch.
The entirety of Twin Peaks season 3 was ranked best film of 2017 by Cahier du Cinéma so I'll count that too.
Original post by tande33
Get back to me with your opinion once you have!

I will do
A Million ways to die in the West
Mad Max : Fury Road
Mary Poppins Returns
I recently watched Gentlemen on yesmovies. It's probably the best movie ever. In my three years. Guy Ritchie knows how to make great movies. I think it's a gift that comes at birth. Gentlemen is very addictive. And you can't tear yourself away from this movie. And you want to watch it more and more. I advise everybody to watch it!
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest