The Student Room Group

The Current Year 12 Chat Thread (2021-2022)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zêshy
private message

yasss okayyy.. :proud:
Hi, I'm Emily! This year I am taking Level 3 Extended Diploma in Digital Media (RSL BTEC) and an A-Level in Maths(AQA). I am autistic and love media and maths! I don't know what I'm going to do in the long term, but I do know I'll be at College for at least 4 years! I am feeling really nervous but also excited! I'm going to 2 private colleges this year, as no where else would take me! Both of the colleges are fully funded by my local authority!! I do not have any plans after college at the moment!
Reply 22
Original post by Quandary
I'm taking Re (philosophy, theology and religion), classic civilisation, history (Russia, China and the British empire) and English literature or Art history (it is outside of school with art for everyone, but they only tell us if we get in when we have started back, so if I get in I will drop English and it includes an EPQ). I may also do an EPQ. I know very essay based I am interested in biology, but maths is just not for me.

Interms of Hobies I do quite a few clubs including, at Johns ambulance and Yati film club, pan arts and culture discussion group and woodcraft folk (These are the main ones outside school). I enjoy having discussions and I write poetry and play in my dad's improvising bad (AMM-All stars). I also watched too much Grange hill when I was younger, I loved that show. I won't go on any more, as I can be a little to talkative sometimes.

Anyway I am going to la swap.

Is anyone else going to la swap or taking any of these subjects as well?

Sorry if this was long and good luck everyone 🤞

can i ask what sixth form you're going to? i have a feeling i know where
Reply 23
La swap

ohhh nvm then, ive never heard of that place before. im going to prendergast
Original post by zêshy
can i ask what sixth form you're going to? i have a feeling i know where

La swap. If you don't know it, it is a state sixthform made up of 4 schools in Highgate/Tuffnell park area near parliament hill

Edit: I should say its in London, in case you don't know the area
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by zêshy
ohhh nvm then, ive never heard of that place before. im going to prendergast

I don't know the one your going to I guess the country is a big place. Where is it in the uk?
Reply 26
I don't know the one your going to I guess the country is a big place. Where is it in the uk?

its in lewisham
Hi, I'm Ellie. I like art and a vast amount of tv shows, I'm also autistic and maybe ADHD (not confirmed) so the next two years could go either way for me. I'm relatively new to TSR and have pretty bad social anxiety so posting on here is making me nervous enough. I'm doing psychology, sociology, philosophy and an EPQ. I'm doing those three because I like thought provoking subjects and they are just the ones I think I'm going to enjoy the most and I'm doing an EPQ because my schools alternative is Core Maths and I can't stand another year of maths, its so dull lmao. In the future, I know that I want to go into psychology but I don't know where within that yet but I'd really like to study it at the University of Bath in a few years time. I'm kind of nervous to start sixth form just because of how different everyone says it's going to be but also kinda excited to stop doing subjects I loathe lol
Original post by zêshy
its in lewisham

The wonders of the internet and TSR, essembling students from different places

Edit: I just realised the word essembling makes it sound like a superhero team or something, maybe the resserected Agents of Shield or the Avengers 😂
(edited 2 years ago)
Name: Hector (male)
My A Level Subjects: A Level Poltics,Sociology and English Language
Reasons behind my choices: I want to study towards lecturing politics
after college: Probably University
Reply 30
The wonders of the internet and TSR, essembling students from different places

Edit: I just realised the word essembling makes it sound like a superhero team or something, maybe the resserected Agents of Shield or the Avengers 😂

lmaoo ye it does sound like you're avengers gathering a team. also yes, tsr be bringing a lot of people from everywhere
Hi I’m DP4300!!
I’m studying:
Chemistry - OCR
Maths - Edexcel
Geography - OCR

Fav subject: chemistry - very intriguing since everything is made up of elements and how these elements interact eg London forces, Hydrogen bonding etc
I want to study chemistry at university
I love The Maze Runner, The Hunger Games and Harry Potter
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Ellie.g.r8151
Hi, I'm Ellie. I like art and a vast amount of tv shows, I'm also autistic and maybe ADHD (not confirmed) so the next two years could go either way for me. I'm relatively new to TSR and have pretty bad social anxiety so posting on here is making me nervous enough. I'm doing psychology, sociology, philosophy and an EPQ. I'm doing those three because I like thought provoking subjects and they are just the ones I think I'm going to enjoy the most and I'm doing an EPQ because my schools alternative is Core Maths and I can't stand another year of maths, its so dull lmao. In the future, I know that I want to go into psychology but I don't know where within that yet but I'd really like to study it at the University of Bath in a few years time. I'm kind of nervous to start sixth form just because of how different everyone says it's going to be but also kinda excited to stop doing subjects I loathe lol

I'm sociable, but I definitely over think posting way too much . Anyway I'm doing philosophy to, well really (the philosophy, sociology and ethics course). Also I agree thought provoking subjects are great and I'm no fan of maths either.

What sixthform are you going to?, I might know it
How is everyone going to make notes this year and will it be any different to you method for gcse?
Original post by Cherrygrape1234
How is everyone going to make notes this year and will it be any different to you method for gcse?

I'm going to try writing out notes but I think I'll end up using my laptop... I'd prefer to use my gcse method but its flashcards are so time consuming.
I'm sociable, but I definitely over think posting way too much . Anyway I'm doing philosophy to, well really (the philosophy, sociology and ethics course). Also I agree thought provoking subjects are great and I'm no fan of maths either.

What sixthform are you going to?, I might know it

Churston ferrers grammar school

I'm going to write up my notes at the end of every lesson, using the lesson notes and textbook. That way when topic exams come around I already have revision products ready. I think I'm going to do more active recall this year and try go over my notes every few weeks, either by going doing flashcards or the blurting method. At GCSE I did a lot of note taking and it was incredibly tedious as I'd copy everything out and not retain as much. Hopefully, the condensed notes mean it will be less time consuming and more effective. What are you planning on doing?
Original post by sofiavxx
anyone else excited to start year 12? I know it will be hard work but we get to start a levels and sixth form/ college is a new experience we get to go thru :smile:

yes i'm excited to start at a new school :3

I'll try to do similar to my method in y11 with having a seperate notebook for notes but for this year I'll take notes weekly
Also I'll try to make flashcards for end of topic tests and mindmaps for mock exams.
can I talk on here even though I'm doing BTECs ?

Quick Reply

Latest