The Current Year 10 Chat Thread (2021-2022)

Watch this thread
Alethiometer235
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by AmIReallyHere)
Credit to ApplePi55 for the words!
:tsr:

:party:

Babies born from 2006 to 2007!! Woohooo :ciao:Hey, and welcome to the current year 10 thread! For some, this is when you start your GCSEs and for others, it's your second year! You can use this thread to share what you're feeling, thoughts on starting year 10, how the pandemic may affect your studies, your GCSEs and anything else Feel free to share any useful study material/threads, vent, ask questions, complain, moan or even share success! We're all in this together! So hopefully, we'll all make friends (no enemies) and by the end of it, be ready to take on year 11!

Let's get to know each other

:fleurdelis:
Introduce yourself
What are your hobbies/ interests?
What subjects are you studying? (Don't forget the Exam Board!)
What is/are your favourite and least favourite subject(s)?
What are your predicted grades?
What grades do you want?
What's your favourite way to revise?
What's your dream future occupation?
What are your thoughts about year 9 and leaving it?/How are you feeling about starting year 10?

WE’RE FINISHING SCHOOL IN JUNE 2023!
GOOD LUCK YEAR 10 AND HAVE FUN BUT DON'T FORGET TO CRACK DOWN
Hi everyone!
Hobbies/interests: reading, playing the piano, listening to music, watching cricket (during the season!)
I'm studying:
- English lit (AQA) - I'm taking this at the end of this year! [predicted 7/target 8]
- English Language (AQA) [no predictions yet]
- Maths (AQA) [predicted 8/target 8]
- Combined science (AQA) [predicted 7/target 8]
- Religious Studies (Eduqas, Route A with the world religion being Islam) - Also taking this one this year! [predicted 9/target 9]
- Geography (Eduqas) [predicted 9/target 9]
- Spanish (Edexcel) [predicted 9/target 9]
- Music (OCR) [predicted 7/target 7]
- Food Preparation and Nutrition (Eduqas) [predicted 7/target 7]

Year 9 was great for me, I feel really settled in and comfortable with all my courses, however I really didn't do as much revision as I should, especially in science which is my worst subject in my opinion haha
I'm pretty excited for this year but also slightly nervous as I'm sitting 2 GCSEs!
duinia
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 months ago
Hi, I'm Veli!
My hobbies are cooking, biking, hiking, and reading.
Subjects I'm taking:
RS (AQA), English Language & Literature (AQA), Maths (Edexcel), Separate Science (AQA), History (AQA), Spanish (AQA) and Drama (Edexcel).
Favourite and least favourite subjects:
My favourite subject has to be drama, because it's something I'm naturally interested in and love to do and would love to continue doing. My least favorite will probably be history, I really enjoy learning about it but for some reason I am terrible at answering exam questions and it makes me feel like I should've chosen geography.
Predicted grades:
Don't really know, but I think they were 7-9s?? Can't be sure.
What grades do I want?
I'd love to have the top grades in the country, but that's probably not going to happen.
Favourite way to revise:
Reading a bit of a textbook over and over, taking a 5 minute break and trying to write it all out in a notebook without looking at the bit of textbook.
Dream future job:
I'd love to become an actor, but that's probably not going to happen. Realistically, my dream job is to be a doctor. If that fails though, I would probably like to become a gravedigger.
Thoughts on leaving year 9/ starting year 10?
Scary but exciting, I guess. Year 9 was pretty carefree, and now I'm told I'm gonna get piles and piles of homework set. Mocks are especially scary, because I'm worried I might not revise and will end up getting terrible results, which will have big consequences for me. To finish off on a positive note, it all seems rather exciting because all of this actually matters and I'll probably have some fun while doing all this.
Last edited by duinia; 11 months ago
ella_smart
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
I realised my introduction didn't post sldkjhsd

I'm looking to study Law as well o: I can't speak french so not with French law however aldjs did you have any universities which stood out to you already?

Latin and Classics is an absolute love of mine I wish I could take it :cry:
Hi, sorry for the late reply, lol. UCL is well-known for its law courses, as well as King's College London (but it's hard to get into, my Dad studied there years ago.)
King's College has a course for English Law with American Law, where you study in America for 2yrs, so that's good if you don't want to struggle with language barriers, but still want to travel.
Tee34
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Thanks for quoting me and others in!
And hello to all the new year 10s! I'm Thea

I'm taking Maths, English Lit/Lang, RS, French, Biology, Chemistry, Geography and Art.
I started Art, English and RS in year 9 and then later in the year French and History (but I didn't end up taking History)

I'm taking RS in year 10 but nothing else until year 11.

My hobbies/passions: Art and animal care are my main passions - but I also love cooking and general exercise (not so much sports, but walking, cycling, and hoping to start running)
Anything interesting about me: I'm Christian, and also have recently become pescatarian! And I'm the youngest in my year at school

looking forward to meeting some of you :yep:
starvice
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 11 months ago

Babies born from 2006 to 2007!! Woohooo :ciao:Hey, and welcome to the current year 10 thread! For some, this is when you start your GCSEs and for others, it's your second year! You can use this thread to share what you're feeling, thoughts on starting year 10, how the pandemic may affect your studies, your GCSEs and anything else Feel free to share any useful study material/threads, vent, ask questions, complain, moan or even share success! We're all in this together! So hopefully, we'll all make friends (no enemies) and by the end of it, be ready to take on year 11!

Introduce yourself
What grades do you want?
What are your thoughts about year 9 and leaving it?/How are you feeling about starting year 10?

Hi, I'm Ezinne.

My hobbies/interests are violin, calligraphy and athletics.

I am studying :
Biology, Chemistry Physics (Edexcel)
Maths (AQA)
English Lit (AQA)
English Lang (WJEC/Eduquas)

Options:
History (Edexcel)
French (Edexcel)
German (Edexcel)
RE( AQA)

Favourite subjects are History, Languages and Sciences , don't really have a least favourite.

My predicted grades are 8s and 9s, which I want to achieve.
My favourite ways to revise are Anki, past papers/topic questions and blurting (any kind of active recall).
I would like to study medicine or dentistry (Bio,Chem,Maths A-Level)
Year 9 was mediocre (lots of online school and isolation), but I'm excited for Year 10!

Best of luck everyone for Year 10!
Cardinally
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Hey, I’m Alex

I love kpop (🤠), dancing, traditional and digital art and learning languages. Also i REALLY want to learn to fly a plane sometime soon lol.

SUBJECTS:
English Lang
Maths (Higher)
Biology
Chemistry
Physics

Geography
History
Business
Psychology
Spanish

Least favourite subject: English, simply because it comes naturally to me so there’s no challenge really.
Favourite subject: Science, all of them

Predicted grades: Haven’t got any because I’m homeschooled. I think (I hope) I’ll do well
Grades I want: 9s all round

Dream future occupation: Astronaut! I love space more than anything, would be a dream come true to be among the stars one day.

Thoughts about leaving YR 9: Excited for the future. All the subjects that I’ve chosen are ones I’m looking forward to studying. Then again it doesn’t change much each year because I’m homeschooled hehe.

I can’t believe we’re finishing in 2023 😮. 2021 is flying by so it’ll come round fast. Yikes.
Mathsgirl888
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Cardinally)
Hey, I’m Alex

I love kpop (🤠), dancing, traditional and digital art and learning languages. Also i REALLY want to learn to fly a plane sometime soon lol.

SUBJECTS:
English Lang
Maths (Higher)
Biology
Chemistry
Physics

Geography
History
Business
Psychology
Spanish

Least favourite subject: English, simply because it comes naturally to me so there’s no challenge really.

Predicted grades: Haven’t got any because I’m homeschooled. I think (I hope) I’ll do well

Dream future occupation: Astronaut! I love space more than anything, would be a dream come true to be among the stars one day.

Thoughts about leaving YR 9: Excited for the future. All the subjects that I’ve chosen are ones I’m looking forward to studying. Then again it doesn’t change much each year because I’m homeschooled hehe.

I can’t believe we’re finishing in 2023 😮. 2021 is flying by so it’ll come round fast. Yikes.
Hey. Don’t you do English literature too?
QueenKagami
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by kyliephr)
Stranger Things
Umbrella Academy
Brooklyn 99
Once Upon A Time
Pretty Little Liars
The Originals
Vampire Diaries
Teen Wolf
Gilmore Girls
That 70s Show
Glee
Friends
Chilling Adventures of Sabrina
Criminal Minds
American Horror Story
Outer Banks
The Crown

WBU?
yesss obx is amazing
kyliephr
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by QueenKagami)
yesss obx is amazing
IK im obsessed
QueenKagami
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
- hey i'm Kagami (:
i love playing tennis and studying lmao
maths higher edexcel
english lit aqa
english lang aqa
history edexcel
religious studies aqa
psychology aqa
german aqa
chemistry aqa
bio aqa
physics aqa
my fave subjects are: english lang and lit, r.s, and chemistry
my least fave are: physics and german
for my end of years in year nine i was predicted 7-9's for bio, chemistry, r.s, maths, english,german, psychology and 5-6's for physics, psychology and history - really hoping to increase those
i hope for grades 8-9 in my gcse's - but anything above a 7 would be nice
i hope to become a dentist in the future
i feel readyyyyyyyyy for year 10
year 9 was during corona so i didnt really make that much use of it and have missed out on so many school trips ;(
AmIReallyHere
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by Mathsgirl888)
Hey. Don’t you do English literature too?
I'm going to assume because it's English Lang that's the required one and she's homeschooled that's why she's choosing to avoid it (if I could avoid all the poems and play memorising I would too alsdjfhs)
AmIReallyHere
Rep:
Hey, I’m Alex

SUBJECTS:
English Lang
Maths (Higher)
Biology
Chemistry
Physics

Geography
History
Business
Psychology
Spanish

Which K-Pop groups/solo artists do you follow/listen to?
AmIReallyHere
Rep:
Yes.... you guys have been quoting me but I never actually did the thing :lol:
Creative writing, Swimming, Film Editing, Netflix, Listening to every song under the sun, watching videos on YouTube about my favourite artists

Subject (Board) - Prediction (the school use 8 to mean 8 or 9, they won't give any 9s for predictions right now) - Thoughts
English Lit (AQA) - 8 - 9
English Lang (AQA)- 8 - 9
Chemistry (AQA)- 8 - 7/8
Biology (AQA)- 8 - 8
Physics (AQA)- 8 - 9
Maths (Unsure, I think Edexcel?)- 8 - 7
Spanish (AQA)- 8 - 8
History (AQA)- 8 - 9
Film Studies (WJEC Edexcel) - we just started doing it so… don’t really have a prediction - 9
Drama (AQA)- 7 - 7

My option subjects are my favourite aldjs Maths is my least favourite because although I am good at it... it isn't something I would want to continue

What are your predicted grades?/What grades do you want?
See above

Past exams, rewriting, doing CPG guide activities, Venn diagrams for comapring, I haven't really found the best for me but these work

A Lawyer, Corporate Law/Contract Law seems to be drawing me in now but it may change!

Good riddance if I'm being honest - ready to get deeper into GCSE!
Mathsgirl888
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
I'm going to assume because it's English Lang that's the required one and she's homeschooled that's why she's choosing to avoid it (if I could avoid all the poems and play memorising I would too alsdjfhs)
Yh that’s what I thought. Honestly I would avoid it too lol!
Cardinally
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Which K-Pop groups/solo artists do you follow/listen to?
Twice, BTS, Itzy, SHINee and Stray Kids are my main ones

but I also love Monsta X, Blackpink, Pixy, NCT, ATEEZ and The Boyz
Cardinally
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Yeah you got it. I like it a bit but it’s time consuming, and also Shakespeare isn’t that good lol
AmIReallyHere
Rep:
Twice, BTS, Itzy, SHINee and Stray Kids are my main ones

but I also love Monsta X, Blackpink, Pixy, NCT, ATEEZ and The Boyz
I only really listen to the ones I've bolded - as well as aespa asldjs
25gadneysie
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 11 months ago

Introduce yourself
What grades do you want?

Hi guys, im sienna.
i love cooking, running, lacrosse and tennis.
im studying
maths (execel??)
english lang/lit (aqa)
biology, chemistry, physics (edexel igcse)
french, german (aqa)
history (idk what exam board)
food tech (edexel?)

my faves are maths, bio, french and food tech and least faves are english and history

i haven’t got any predicted grades yet except for a 9 in biology

i’m hoping for a few 9s maybe some 7s and 8s

not sure how i feel about starting year 10 but i’m kind of excited
AmIReallyHere
Rep:
Which genre/books do you like to read?
AmIReallyHere
Rep:
I've read a few psychology/self-help - I can't say they are my favourite but they were really interesting, I'm much more of a fantasy guy - murder mystery and horror pop up but not romance... I've developed a hatred for soppy moments (unsure how I will handle all the ones in Film Studies alkdjs)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (28)
19.86%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (33)
23.4%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (73)
51.77%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
4.96%

Watched Threads