The Current Year 10 Chat Thread (2021-2022)

Watch
na.minnie
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by AmIReallyHere)
Credit to ApplePi55 for the words!
:tsr:

The Current Year 10 Chat Thread (2021-2022)

:party:

Babies born from 2006 to 2007!! Woohooo :ciao:Hey, and welcome to the current year 10 thread! For some, this is when you start your GCSEs and for others, it's your second year! You can use this thread to share what you're feeling, thoughts on starting year 10, how the pandemic may affect your studies, your GCSEs and anything else Feel free to share any useful study material/threads, vent, ask questions, complain, moan or even share success! We're all in this together! So hopefully, we'll all make friends (no enemies) and by the end of it, be ready to take on year 11!

Let's get to know each other

:fleurdelis:
Introduce yourself
What are your hobbies/ interests?
What subjects are you studying? (Don't forget the Exam Board!)
What is/are your favourite and least favourite subject(s)?
What are your predicted grades?
What grades do you want?
What's your favourite way to revise?
What's your dream future occupation?
What are your thoughts about year 9 and leaving it?/How are you feeling about starting year 10?

WE’RE FINISHING SCHOOL IN JUNE 2023!
GOOD LUCK YEAR 10 AND HAVE FUN BUT DON'T FORGET TO CRACK DOWN
Heyyy, Im Minnie, I am an international student, I have just started year 1o weeks ago, wish me loads of luck!!
rainjx
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by na.minnie)
Heyyy, Im Minnie, I am an international student, I have just started year 1o weeks ago, wish me loads of luck!!
Hi Minnie!! Good luck in Y10
na.minnie
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by rainjx)
Hi Minnie!! Good luck in Y10
Gl to u tooo!!
rainjx
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Gl to u tooo!!
How r u finding y10 so far?
na.minnie
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
How r u finding y10 so far?
Very goodddd, hbu?
rainjx
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Very goodddd, hbu?
Pretty good. Getting used to the workload haha
na.minnie
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Pretty good. Getting used to the workload haha
Which subjects did u choose??
rainjx
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Which subjects did u choose??
eng language and lit, triple science, maths (doing it this year and doing further maths next year), econs, music and history
hbu?
na.minnie
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
eng language and lit, triple science, maths (doing it this year and doing further maths next year), econs, music and history
hbu?
Most of them r the same!! But I don't do history and music but I do foreign languages
rainjx
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Most of them r the same!! But I don't do history and music but I do foreign languages
oooh ok nice!! i did mandarin and malay last year so i didn't hv to do foreign languages in y10 and 11 lol
Blackrose06
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
When should we start revising for our GCSE's
We have to do exams at Christmas, Easter, and summer (end of year) which is like normal mocks. as well as mini-assessments at half-term at our school
AmIReallyHere
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Blackrose06)
When should we start revising for our GCSE's
We have to do exams at Christmas, Easter, and summer (end of year) which is like normal mocks. as well as mini-assessments at half-term at our school
I would start preparing notes and revising the stuff you do in class, however I think if you start doing hardcore revision straight away you will most likely burn out
rainjx
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I would start preparing notes and revising the stuff you do in class, however I think if you start doing hardcore revision straight away you will most likely burn out
I kinda need help with this I think. I'm pretty sure I'm not doing hardcore revision, but I'm really really really tired. I'm literally just studying for end of topic exams and I've been doing a few exam qs and stuff. Am I doing something wrong?
AmIReallyHere
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I kinda need help with this I think. I'm pretty sure I'm not doing hardcore revision, but I'm really really really tired. I'm literally just studying for end of topic exams and I've been doing a few exam qs and stuff. Am I doing something wrong?
Are you giving yourself a break or maybe a day or two where you do no revision?
Also if you are stressing over end of topic exams this might effect your weariness - at my school they don't matter as much as the big ones as they don't go home, I take them as a chance to work out what I get/remember and what I don't get
Blackrose06
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
It might not have anything to do with revision. what time do you go to bed?
na.minnie
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
oooh ok nice!! i did mandarin and malay last year so i didn't hv to do foreign languages in y10 and 11 lol
woowww mandarin is toughhhh tho
rainjx
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Are you giving yourself a break or maybe a day or two where you do no revision?
Also if you are stressing over end of topic exams this might effect your weariness - at my school they don't matter as much as the big ones as they don't go home, I take them as a chance to work out what I get/remember and what I don't get
Yeah I think I'm taking it pretty chill. Could it be that I'm just not used to revision? Like I was the kind of person who could wing tests without studying then the content started getting harder and this is like the first time I'm revising properly
Thanks
rainjx
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Blackrose06)
It might not have anything to do with revision. what time do you go to bed?
10 or 11. And I wake up 6-7
rainjx
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
woowww mandarin is toughhhh tho
Hahahahha well I'm chinese and I've been learning mandarin for years so it was okay
WILD_CHILD1407
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
hi
I'm Sumayyah
I was here from the year9 thread but ig i'll just introduce myself
Hobbies- reading, baking and art
I'm taking triple Science, Maths, English, RS and Arabic (compulsory) and my chosen subjects were art, geography and business.
I've been predicted 7,8, 9s - mainly based off y9s grades but hopefully i want to try and ace everything.
I'm taking Arabic and bio this year, anyone else taking a science gcse in yr10?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (13)
9.15%
Okay (42)
29.58%
A bit lacking (50)
35.21%
Not good at all (37)
26.06%

Watched Threads