The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MayaVellichor
Was it edexcel? I found it pretty good, but I did feel like I was repeating myself for some of the questions like the asked slight variations of the same question at least twice

OMG the rat question (number 8) like the pink pigment in the eyes killed me. i had no clue what to say for the first part the one where it asked for the genetic control of one phenotype or something?
i wrote biological control lmao but its wrong. what is it?
I swear to god they got the most stupid ****ing people to make the ocr higher paper. Those questions were so stupidly worded
Original post by therealtara
OMG the rat question (number 8) like the pink pigment in the eyes killed me. i had no clue what to say for the first part the one where it asked for the genetic control of one phenotype or something?

I did triple higher, so I am not sure this question came up for me, but we had a question on the fat content of milk and we got asked about occipital lobe in the brain (literally not mentioned in the spec)
Original post by MayaVellichor
Was it edexcel? I found it pretty good, but I did feel like I was repeating myself for some of the questions like the asked slight variations of the same question at least twice

Yeah it was iGCSE edexcel and I totally get what you mean

I think it was polygenic inheritance or something that’s what I put
Original post by MkJ06
Any biology edexcel people out there?

Meeeeee- the paper was well interesting per se 😂
Original post by x_sara
I’ve got the Cold War paper! 🫠

I’m doing development of dictatorship 1918-45 Germany
Does anyone ever have that thing where they just finish a paper and then forget all the questions that were in it? I literally did the bio paper two hours ago and I’ve forgotten the q’s in it 😂
Also, there were so many long questions in the bio paper like the CORMMS one obvs at the end, the weird pollen hay fever one, energy transfers idk it felt much longer than usual
Original post by PrishaJ
OH that makes sense. it said paida so i thought that was feminine might be wrong.

I thought that at first but it said τον so I'm pretty sure it's masculine and it's 3rd declension so that's the accusative form. I think I got "[something about not knowing what other thing he was able to do] having killed his wife and son, he drank a poison"
Original post by Mulefa
I thought that at first but it said τον so I'm pretty sure it's masculine and it's 3rd declension so that's the accusative form. I think I got "[something about not knowing what other thing he was able to do] having killed his wife and son, he drank a poison"

yeah i got that
The AQA Triple Biology paper was fairly reasonable and I enjoyed it! All of the topics which I wasn't fully sure was either a low tarrif question or wasn't on the test at all :biggrin:. One down, 20 more to go! 🥳 Time to get revising for the English exam for tomorrow!
Original post by emmasnow
I’m doing development of dictatorship 1918-45 Germany

Oooh good luck!!

omgg it was so hard and the ratio q killed me. I put polygenic for that one but idk. also why was it all on pollen wtf and the advanced info was so bad there were 5 marks on stupid fungi
Original post by Icosagon
You can find threads for each exam and exam board here :smile:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7180288

is there an igcse thread? I do igcse Edexcel
Original post by cocaroca
is there an igcse thread? I do igcse Edexcel

yh same i couldn't find one
Original post by cocaroca
omgg it was so hard and the ratio q killed me. I put polygenic for that one but idk. also why was it all on pollen wtf and the advanced info was so bad there were 5 marks on stupid fungi

I read over fungi just before the exam, i got so lucky with that
Loool, I did a different exam and i see this rat pigment thing everywhere 😬✌🏼
for the rat pigment one didn't you just have to talk about the iris reflex and how it would go blind from overexposure to light
Original post by supermata8
for the rat pigment one didn't you just have to talk about the iris reflex and how it would go blind from overexposure to light

What exam board is this from?

Latest