Is it a red flag if over 2 dates a guy has made no physical contact?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Would you bother going on a third date with a guy if within 2 dates he hasn’t complimented you or made any sort of physical contact (he hasn’t tried to hug you or kiss you or touch your arm)?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Absolutely not.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's not a red flag at all! That is for something far more serious than a guy who may be polite, shy or just not interested in you.

Anyway, it doesn't have to be him that initiates contact. What are you doing about if?
Oxford Mum
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Would you bother going on a third date with a guy if within 2 dates he hasn’t complimented you or made any sort of physical contact (he hasn’t tried to hug you or kiss you or touch your arm)?
Try getting to know his personality. If there is any interest between you, the physical contact will come in time. Maybe he is just shy. You could try paying him a compliment.

It's very early days to start expecting speedy results.
Alaska_Bear_25
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not a red flag, maybe he wants you to make the first move, or maybe he wants to get to know you more, and see where it goes, depends on the chemistry between the two of you, maybe he's just shy, maybe he wants to see a positive reaction from your side before he moves in? It seems too early right now
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
Have you made any physical contact with him?
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
Why are you waiting for him to initiate why don't you do it?
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No groping = red flag now?
Mikayla592
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No. Two dates is a bit soon for that i think.
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I am a straight male, but even 1 date with a girl and we haven't kissed is a red flag to me...
Ackhnologia
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
He does not want to get called a pervert pig who cannot control himself when there is a woman around.
I think is right to avoid contacts. We never know.
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It sounds like he's just being careful not to make you uncomfortable. If you want more physical touching, give him clear signs that's what you want, or if it's clear he'd be okay with it, touch him.
xxx0xxxo
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
has he complimented you on text?
Moonlight Rain
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not a single compliment? Nah
myhairispeng
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No, I'm not surprised men aren't comfortable making physical contact because of the vocal minority of females who call for assault and rape over everything.
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not a red flag, no.

However, I personally wouldn't bother with a third date if I didn't think the other person was romantically interested. That assurance could be verbal or physical. I always make a move on the first date to gauge if that spark is there and if it is worth going further.
Anonymous #5
Report 1 month ago
He’s probably scared that his gonna get accused for sexual assault
Obolinda
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
if you're worried about whether he's intrested in you, you could ask
explain that you're concerned about the lack of compliments and physical contact
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not a red flag.
Might be good manners; with the date doing their best to show you that their personality does not involve sexual aggression or any creepy behaviour.
Trying to avoid making you feel uncomfortable or under pressure.
But could be also indicative of no sexual attraction or a date with a very shy/introverted personality.
Oxford Mum
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Obolinda)
if you're worried about whether he's intrested in you, you could ask
explain that you're concerned about the lack of compliments and physical contact
Exactly. Communication is key.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (46)
90.2%
No (5)
9.8%

Watched Threads