The Student Room Group

Are pads something worth keeping for students?

I saw a video where a teacher was talking about how she keeps pads in her cuboard for students incase they may have an accident or urgently need them.

Is that necessary or should school nurses and first aiders have all that
Original post by Jammydodger39
I saw a video where a teacher was talking about how she keeps pads in her cuboard for students incase they may have an accident or urgently need them.

I'm sure this is something the medical room will have on hand. I've never had a student ask me.
I'd file under 'none of my business', if a teacher wants to help out a student discreetly with a cotton pad that's ok by me, seems a bit vindictive to demand someone in such stress march to the office to explain themselves or whatever.

You wouldn't send a child to a first aider or office for a tissue or paper towel would you? so why a pad? unless you just hated young girls which I suppose is possible? :confused:
Original post by bluebeetle
I'm sure this is something the medical room will have on hand. I've never had a student ask me.

are you a teacher?

im really confused about where this question has come from...what kind of pads are you talking about?
Original post by StriderHort
I'd file under 'none of my business', if a teacher wants to help out a student discreetly with a cotton pad that's ok by me, seems a bit vindictive to demand someone in such stress march to the office to explain themselves or whatever.

You wouldn't send a child to a first aider or office for a tissue or paper towel would you? so why a pad? unless you just hated young girls which I suppose is possible? :confused:

Original post by rxrx2004
im really confused about where this question has come from...what kind of pads are you talking about?

Look under the forum it’s posted.
Original post by StriderHort

Some schools have policies that stipulate certain protocols be followed. Stop being so silly.
Some schools have policies that stipulate certain protocols be followed. Stop being so silly.

you're being silly.
if you want responses you need to be more specific...i have no idea what you're talking about.
I don’t see any school saying “protocol says they need to come ask the nurse if they urgently need or have had an accident”

Mandatory, no- necessary, possibly- good idea-definitely.

If it stops one girl from being embarrassed it’s worth it.
But you can always ask some of the teachers at your school.
Original post by rxrx2004
you're being silly.
if you want responses you need to be more specific...i have no idea what you're talking about.

Again. Look at the forum it’s posted in and stop being silly with your responses.
Original post by GabiAbi84
I don’t see any school saying “protocol says they need to come ask the nurse if they urgently need or have had an accident”

Mandatory, no- necessary, possibly- good idea-definitely.

If it stops one girl from being embarrassed it’s worth it.
But you can always ask some of the teachers at your school.

Previous placement has some warped rules so
In our school we had to go to first aid, in case we forgot or unexpectedly started. I usually carried spares which was handy for some classmates. It’s your choice really.
Again. Look at the forum it’s posted in and stop being silly with your responses.

ayo jammy dodger, you could be talking about writing pads for all i know

stop being silly
I've seen the thing you're talking about and I think it's a great idea. It's basically the setup our school nurse had, but I know some schools don't even have nurses, or they may feel embarrassed asking the nurse if they don't know them well (I spent most of my year 9 in her office lol). There's no reason why not really, and it would be good if people feel more comfortable going to their teacher, or even just grabbing something from the classroom at break or lunch.

And if your school had such a policy then you should know about it.

Good for them, no excuse for you to start getting cheeky with people is it? :redface:
Original post by ashtolga23
I've seen the thing you're talking about and I think it's a great idea. It's basically the setup our school nurse had, but I know some schools don't even have nurses, or they may feel embarrassed asking the nurse if they don't know them well (I spent most of my year 9 in her office lol). There's no reason why not really, and it would be good if people feel more comfortable going to their teacher, or even just grabbing something from the classroom at break or lunch.

Yeah I agree. My last school had some weird policies so I just wanted to check I wasn’t doing anything wrong.

An experienced teacher tends to have all sorts in their cupboard for emergencies - not just sanitary products. I think it's a really good idea to have stuff like this on hand - it can be very discreetly handled with a minimum of fuss, cf. a trip to the school nurse.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending