The Student Room Group

Grading of law schools in England

Is it true that law schools in England traditionally only give a maximum grade of 80%?
So, if you gain 80%, would that be extraordinarily good?
Reply 1
80 would be extremely exceptional at my uni; like i only know three people who received an 80 and it was only for one of their assignments. at my uni as well if you qualify for a first you automatically jump from 68 to 75; like it is not possible to just scrape a first with a 70. schools grade differently tho so it's probably easier to get a first or an 80 at some more than others.
Original post by judge2
Is it true that law schools in England traditionally only give a maximum grade of 80%?
So, if you gain 80%, would that be extraordinarily good?

It depends highly on the University - I have now completed law related degrees at three different universities. At two, you almost never saw above 75% and if the work was that good it was at the level of being published. At my most recent, I consistently achieved 75-85%, my highest was 87%... Regardless of the percentage, a first is amazing and will looked upon very favorably :smile:
My friend studied law and she had the same situation. She was very angry at first, but later came to terms with it. Now she is in her final year and often turns to applications for help with learning after reading https://boostmygrades.pissedconsumer.com/customer-service.html and spends a lot of time in practice and at work. I think the practice will give more opportunities and then it will be easier to find a job in the future
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest