The Student Room Group

My friend is too sensitive

Im a guy who is 22 and my friend is also the same age . We are both adults

I've been friends with him since 2019 with this guy but he still gets upset goes to his mum over minor things which affects me because he falls out with me or starts crying so I have to double think everytime I talk sometimes or he'll cry or get his mum to confront me and often both.

We are still young guys tbf but I don't think its young enough to be this sensitive tbh and I've never seen it before. He keeps getting upset and gets his mum to confort him and I feel like its a bit weird for me because I'm not used to it. I pranked him outside his house before going out then he ran into his house for hug and he was crying.

We were our then we hear a loud motorbike, he got scared, he rang his mum crying and when he gets home she hugs him.

Everytime I pick him up from his house, I have to pick him up on the next road because I pranked him, he ran to his house crying and he told her then she had to hug him calm him down so his mum doesn't like me for it.

Now I have to be careful what I say to him because if I say something he doesn't like he'll tell his mum and she'll confront me because I pranked him then she got mad with him. My brother called him something on the phone, he told his mum and she started trying to ring me.

Another friend thought I was joking about all this and im not joking at all like I'm not exaggerating it either and another friend thought it was absolutely how he acts
Yeah you’ve said this before…
Original post by Anonymous

I've been friends with him since 2019 with this guy but he still gets upset goes to his mum over minor things which affects me because he falls out with me or starts crying so I have to double think everytime I talk sometimes or he'll cry or get his mum to confront me and often both.

We are still young guys tbf but I don't think its young enough to be this sensitive tbh and I've never seen it before. He keeps getting upset and gets his mum to confort him and I feel like its a bit weird for me because I'm not used to it. I pranked him outside his house before going out then he ran into his house for hug and he was crying.

We were our then we hear a loud motorbike, he got scared, he rang his mum crying and when he gets home she hugs him.

Everytime I pick him up from his house, I have to pick him up on the next road because I pranked him, he ran to his house crying and he told her then she had to hug him calm him down so his mum doesn't like me for it.

Now I have to be careful what I say to him because if I say something he doesn't like he'll tell his mum and she'll confront me because I pranked him then she got mad with him. My brother called him something on the phone, he told his mum and she started trying to ring me.

Another friend thought I was joking about all this and im not joking at all like I'm not exaggerating it either and another friend thought it was absolutely how he acts

Your friend could potentially be on the autistic spectrum because I can’t find any other explanation

Maybe a talk together and since it happened multiple times, try stopping the pranks 🤷*♂️
Reply 4
Original post by Amberlove__
Your friend could potentially be on the autistic spectrum because I can’t find any other explanation

I'm not sure

Original post by Shrubby:)
Maybe a talk together and since it happened multiple times, try stopping the pranks 🤷*♂️

He just cries for so much other stuff as well, I only went in a balaclava and came outside his house then he knew it was me but he ran into his house crying hugging his mum
I'm not sure

He just cries for so much other stuff as well, I only went in a balaclava and came outside his house then he knew it was me but he ran into his house crying hugging his mum

oh.... I genuinely don't have any tips in that case. Have you asked his mom what the problem might be?? If that's the case and he isn't autistic then I feel like he's being pampered way too much
(edited 2 years ago)
He definitely sounds autistic or aspergers because that definitely isn’t normal for someone his age. If you cannot deal with him then you may need to break off the friendship, I certainly would in this situation because I wouldn’t want to always feel like I’m walking on eggshells every time I’m talking to a friend.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending