The Student Room Group

How many friends do you have? read below

So how many people do you know that you consider your friend?
10,20,30,40,50,100+?

1) Out of these people, how many are your best friends?
2) Close friends?

if you have zero friends then yh same but please do comment, I want to hear from the people who are social butterfiles and the asocials :smile:
Reply 1
Hi ^
Reply 2

I'm freindly and get along with everyone, , I can count on my hands how many people who I don't get along with out of the at least a couple hundred people I interact with, and I'm very good company/very good to talk to and just generally very likeable.

I just have never been able to build meaningful relationships be it with freinds or family.

I have gotten close in the past with people and I'd consider them close freinds at the time but none last more than a year just due to both becoming distant due to life changes.
Original post by Anonymous
10,20,30,40,50,100 ?

2) Close friends?

if you have zero friends then yh same but please do comment, I want to hear from the people who are social butterfiles and the asocials :smile:

6 , decreased overtime
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Max1989

I'm freindly and get along with everyone, , I can count on my hands how many people who I don't get along with out of the at least a couple hundred people I interact with, and I'm very good company/very good to talk to and just generally very likeable.

I just have never been able to build meaningful relationships be it with freinds or family.

I have gotten close in the past with people and I'd consider them close freinds at the time but none last more than a year just due to both becoming distant due to life changes.

^ sums me up pretty well too (I'm not sure I'm great company but most people I interact with do seem to like me)
Original post by Anonymous
10,20,30,40,50,100+?

2) Close friends?

Friends: 30-50
Best friends: 3-5
Close friends: 0
Reply 6
Three. Only one is close. I get along with most people pretty well and hang around quite a few people regularly but I would consider them moderately close acquaintances.
so i am friendly with people
maybe 5 people for friends though I am friendly and can talk to others

1. 0 best friends
2. 0 close friends

I don't have friends that hang out with me or text me outside of college
Reply 8
I have a fair amount of social media connections, in the thousands

Know lots of people as acquaintances because I get about a lot and have been active on the music circuit for almost 20 years, so hundreds

Mates I'd go for a pint with, about 30

Mates I'd ring for help in a dire situation, about 6
Around 8 friends who I would consider 'close' and also reliable who would be there for me if I needed them..
But in general around 40? As you grow up you realise who is fake and who is true to you though
I know a lot of people, but I'm friends with nobody.

I'm close to nobody outside my family.
I'm not sure how I'd define a "friendship" but I have enough people that I'm friendly with/have meaningful conversations with/laugh with that I've lost count. not hundreds but enough not to have any idea about the number.

I have 2 people I'd consider my closest friends. maybe 4, maybe 15 if I stretch the definition of "close"

I dunno, sometimes I feel a bit disconnected from other people but I think that's a me problem as opposed to a reflection of my relationship.

Quick Reply

Latest