The Student Room Group

EPQ Drafting

Hello :smile:
In September, we need to have written up a draft of our epq, I've looked at a few examples but can't seem to find a proper template? I'm just not entirely sure how I should start it and lead into what my topic talk about?
Also, someone mentioned about including things from our pilot projects into our epq - are we allowed to do that?
Thanks!
hi! what's your topic?
Reply 2
Original post by ishamsi
hi! what's your topic?

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say, since the plagiarism checks may flag it up, i think. But it's about surroundings of buildings and whether they effect the well-being of people who use them
What exam board is it? Also pilot projects - what are they?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by flaurie
What exam board is it? Also pilot projects - what are they?

AQA- exam board
Pilot projects are basically a mini research project (I think they're optional) that we do in the beginning stages of when we start the whole process
Original post by Kkann
AQA- exam board
Pilot projects are basically a mini research project (I think they're optional) that we do in the beginning stages of when we start the whole process

I did OCR and there are loads of examples (A/A*) that OCR publishes online with some feedback. Even though your exam board is different you’ll need to include roughly the same stuff! Search up “ocr epq exemplar folder” for lots of links to the projects :smile:
(My project looked quite different to theirs at the end but it’s useful for knowing roughly what order to put things in/what to include)

I would mention the pilot project in your planning section and then put it in the appendix at the end - sounds like a good thing to include!
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by flaurie
I did OCR and there are loads of examples (A/A*) that OCR publishes online with some feedback. Even though your exam board is different you’ll need to include roughly the same stuff! Search up “ocr epq exemplar folder” for lots of links to the projects :smile:
(My project looked quite different to theirs at the end but it’s useful for knowing roughly what order to put things in/what to include)

I would mention the pilot project in your planning section and then put it in the appendix at the end - sounds like a good thing to include!

Okay! Thank you!! :smile:
(I would have linked some AQA ones but I can’t find any!)

Quick Reply

Latest