The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Official Northumbria University 2022 Applicants

Are you thinking of applying to Northumbria University to start in September 2022? This is a thread for you to ask questions, meet your fellow applicants and keep up to date with our latest information.

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys, i made a thread for people who are applying for accounting next year, mainly because I'm curious as to who ill be studying with and I also want to find some potential flatmates so check it out
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Reply 2
Original post by Northumbria University UG Rep
Are you thinking of applying to Northumbria University to start in September 2022? This is a thread for you to ask questions, meet your fellow applicants and keep up to date with our latest information.

Any idea how many places there are for Psychology with Criminology and approx how many applicants.? Also the same question for Criminology with sociology. Cheers
Original post by LCHay
Any idea how many places there are for Psychology with Criminology and approx how many applicants.? Also the same question for Criminology with sociology. Cheers

Hi @LCHay,

We don't have a set number of places for our courses as anyone who applies for any of our courses by the UCAS deadline will have their application reviewed and considered, regardless of the application is submitted on deadline day or several months before.

Unfortunately we cannot disclose how many applications we have received so far either.

Thanks,

Cameron
Undergraduate Marketing Assistant
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
Hi :smile:

has anyone done a primary pgce interview? I’m wondering if the whole interview is in a group or if part of it is individual interviews?

Thanks.
I wrote email to northumbria admission team still no response about 1 and half week
It’s a week already that I applied to study business analytics in Northumbria Uni and I haven’t heard anything from them. Anyone knows how long it takes them to make decisions ?
Original post by Aoca123
Hi :smile:

has anyone done a primary pgce interview? I’m wondering if the whole interview is in a group or if part of it is individual interviews?

Thanks.

Best of luck with your interview!

Becky
UG Student Rep
Original post by Haryormeedey
It’s a week already that I applied to study business analytics in Northumbria Uni and I haven’t heard anything from them. Anyone knows how long it takes them to make decisions ?

Hi,

It is great that you have applied to study at Northumbria University! You should hear back from the team in due course, however if you have any specific questions please do get in touch- https://www.northumbria.ac.uk/contact-us/

Thanks,
Becky
UG Student Rep
Hi, I applied to study children’s nursing and got an interview in December. I’ve been told I’m on the reserve list and haven’t heard anything since. Does anyone have any idea when you hear back from this? Or how many people who are on the reserve list get places on the course?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Emilyr02
Hi, I applied to study children’s nursing and got an interview in December. I’ve been told I’m on the reserve list and haven’t heard anything since. Does anyone have any idea when you hear back from this? Or how many people who are on the reserve list get places on the course?

Hi,

Thank you for your message. It is great to hear you have applied to study with us here at Northumbria University. You should hear back from the team regarding your application before the UCAS deadline, which is usually in May. If unsuccessful usually an alternative course (this will be similar to the course you originally applied for) or a foundation year option will be offered to you. Hope this helps, please get in touch if I can help you any further.

Thanks,
Jess
UG Student Rep.
Hello there,
I will be going to northrumbia for the 5 year medicine (NU/SGU) pathway and I was wondering about the accommodation part. I was told that we’d be having the trinity square as the option but I was wondering if we can choose to stay at any of the other accommodations.
Thank you.

Original post by _nydal._
Hello there,
I will be going to northrumbia for the 5 year medicine (NU/SGU) pathway and I was wondering about the accommodation part. I was told that we’d be having the trinity square as the option but I was wondering if we can choose to stay at any of the other accommodations.
Thank you.

Hi,
Thank you for your message. Congratulations on your offer to study Medicine with us here at Northumbria University. I have attached a link to our Accommodation web-page, which has a list of the different accommodation available to you. Additionally on the web-page there is contact information for our Accommodation Team, who will be able to offer more insight into applying for accommodation. I hope this helps, please reach out if you have any additional questions.

https://www.northumbria.ac.uk/study-at-northumbria/accommodation/

Thanks,
Jess,
UG Student Rep.
(edited 1 year ago)
Hi. I have received an unconditional offer in Northumbria university london campus after a successful interview and deposits. My application is now yet to be reviewed by the admission team before I Can accept offer and request for CAS. It’s been a week now and they still haven’t heard from them. I don’t know why it’s taking this long after making progress till this extent and all I get when I call the applicant service is for me to be patient. Does anyone knows how long this will take ? Thanks.
Original post by Godspower77
Hi. I have received an unconditional offer in Northumbria university london campus after a successful interview and deposits. My application is now yet to be reviewed by the admission team before I Can accept offer and request for CAS. It’s been a week now and they still haven’t heard from them. I don’t know why it’s taking this long after making progress till this extent and all I get when I call the applicant service is for me to be patient. Does anyone knows how long this will take ? Thanks.

Hi,

Thank you for your message. Congratulations on your unconditional offer to study with us here at Northumbria University. The team are currently working through all of the CAS requests which have been submitted, unfortunately this may take slightly longer than usual due to it being a busy period. However, the CAS team will contact you directly as soon as possible. In the meantime if you are concerned about your application please reach out to our Applicant Services Team on the following email address [email protected] and provide your UCAS ID, as they will be able to give you more personalised advice on this. I hope this helps, please get in touch if I can help you any further.

Kind Regards,
Jess
UG Student Rep.
Hi,

Thank you for your message. Congratulations on your unconditional offer to study with us here at Northumbria University. The team are currently working through all of the CAS requests which have been submitted, unfortunately this may take slightly longer than usual due to it being a busy period. However, the CAS team will contact you directly as soon as possible. In the meantime if you are concerned about your application please reach out to our Applicant Services Team on the following email address [email protected] and provide your UCAS ID, as they will be able to give you more personalised advice on this. I hope this helps, please get in touch if I can help you any further.

Kind Regards,
Jess
UG Student Rep.

I haven’t even requested for CAS. I’m yet to request for CAS. My portal says Decision pending… I don’t know long that will take before I’m able to accept offer and request for CAS
Original post by Godspower77
I haven’t even requested for CAS. I’m yet to request for CAS. My portal says Decision pending… I don’t know long that will take before I’m able to accept offer and request for CAS

Hi,

Thank you for your message. Unfortunately this is a very busy time for our Applicant Services Team, and therefore their response may take slightly longer than usual. However, I have attached a link to our Admissions web page which has additional offer holder information which may be of some help to you, as well contact information for our Applicant Services Team, should you not hear from them in the next couple of weeks. I hope this helps, please reach out if I can help you any further.

https://www.northumbria.ac.uk/study-at-northumbria/admissions

Thanks,
Jess,
UG Student Rep.

Hi if anyone’s looking for a accommodation I have a tenancy available :smile:
I submitted my application for Msc psychology since August 13th, that's about seventy days now and decision is still pending. I've contacted the admission officials many times and all I get is that they are working on it and will get back to me as soon as there is an update.
Original post by Folakemi Comfort
I submitted my application for Msc psychology since August 13th, that's about seventy days now and decision is still pending. I've contacted the admission officials many times and all I get is that they are working on it and will get back to me as soon as there is an update.

Hi,

Thankyou for your message. Unfortunately this is a very busy time for our Applicant Services Team, and therefore their response may take slightly longer than usual. However, I have attached a link to our applicant services contact us page where you will find further information about how to contact the department if you should not hear from them soon. This will allow you the chance to speak to someone direct and hopefully get your query resolved soon. I hope this helps, please reach out if I can help you any further.

https://www.northumbria.ac.uk/study-at-northumbria/admissions/contact-us/

Thanks,
Jasmine
UG Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending