The Student Room Group

The Current Undergraduate and Apprenticeship Chat Thread (2021 - 2022)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 5hyl33n
Hi Simon!

How are you? :smile:

Am fine ,
thank you
Original post by josie71202
Nice to meet you

Pleasure is all mine
Reply 62
Original post by Simon Chege
Hi everyone! I'm Simon!

Great to meet you. I forget that this thread exists lol :tongue:
Hi everyone! Kinda late as I haven't actually looked at this site in a while but hey, I'm Elsie!!

What are your hobbies/interests?
right now, i'm watching a lot of 24 Hours in A&E on Netflix, but I also love watching (and playing, when I'm at home) Valorant!

What A-Levels/BTEC’s did you take? What were your results?
I did:
French A Level: I got an A
Music A Level: I got a D (unsurprising)
Music Tech BTEC: I got a Di*

What university/apprenticeship did you accept?
University of Hertfordshire!

What course are you doing?
Music Industry Management!

How long is your course?
3 years with the option of a year abroad or on placement between 2nd and 3rd year

What are your goals for this year?
My goals for this year are simply to survive with the best results that I can possibly get which is going pretty well so far!

Got a GYG (Grow Your Grades) blog? Post a link!

It's not too frequent since I forget quite often to post on it, but here :smile: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7104433

Hope everyone's second semester is going well so far!
Original post by elsiehxo
Hi everyone! Kinda late as I haven't actually looked at this site in a while but hey, I'm Elsie!!

What are your hobbies/interests?
right now, i'm watching a lot of 24 Hours in A&E on Netflix, but I also love watching (and playing, when I'm at home) Valorant!

What A-Levels/BTEC’s did you take? What were your results?
I did:
French A Level: I got an A
Music A Level: I got a D (unsurprising)
Music Tech BTEC: I got a Di*

What university/apprenticeship did you accept?
University of Hertfordshire!

What course are you doing?
Music Industry Management!

How long is your course?
3 years with the option of a year abroad or on placement between 2nd and 3rd year

What are your goals for this year?
My goals for this year are simply to survive with the best results that I can possibly get which is going pretty well so far!

Got a GYG (Grow Your Grades) blog? Post a link!

It's not too frequent since I forget quite often to post on it, but here :smile: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7104433

Hope everyone's second semester is going well so far!

24 hours in A&E is brilliant
how are you finding the course? im doing this course next year at herts
Original post by maddie148
how are you finding the course? im doing this course next year at herts

i LOVE it! it's honestly so much fun, we have really good links into the industry and get to know the upper years (i knew a couple of second years from online open days) which is an added bonus since they could be your boss in a few years; the modules are all really interesting and there's not too much of a workload unlike some other courses. looking forward to seeing you at herts in september!
Hi, does anyone know any common interview questions for degree apprenticeships? (mainly financial ones lul)
Lol, I thought the hard part of university was when you did exams and stuff, not finding the will to not drop out.

I'm just coming up to my 4th year exams (undergraduate masters) in a week and I really CBA. Like, every year before I've been stressed out of my head but this year I just can't be bothered. It's such a surreal feeling, really. I think part of it is my undergraduate grade is locked in from third year (2:1), and this year is it's own thing (fail <50, pass 50-65, merit 65-70, distinction >70) as we get two classifications on the cert. I've also already got work organised for after that isn't dependent on this grade (heck I could fail and I'd be fine.)

Anyone else feeling this?
I am coming near to the end of my term now. I only have tomorrow then I am off for half-term for a week then I go for 3 more weeks then my summer holidays start on the 24th of June. I had an exam today in AAT Bookkeeping Controls which went well and I got 77%. I passed and was competent but it was quite a hard assessment I would say. My work at Barnardo’s is going well at the moment.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by mjhmichael18
I am coming near to the end of my term now. I only have tomorrow then I am off for half-term for a week then I go for 3 more weeks then my summer holidays start on the 24th of June. I had an exam today in AAT Bookkeeping Controls which went well and I got 77%. I passed and was competent but it was quite a hard assessment I would say. My work at Barnardo’s is going well at the moment.

That’s a fantastic score! Well done! I’m glad your work at Barnardo’s is going well!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending