The Student Room Group

Messed up ucat really bad

Hey everyone, I just sat my ucat test and got 2640 which is a pretty bad score. Can someone tell me if I can get into any uni with this god forsaken score?
Can't give suggestions without your full stats. Post them on the megathread below:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6679038
Original post by homomomi
Hey everyone, I just sat my ucat test and got 2640 which is a pretty bad score. Can someone tell me if I can get into any uni with this god forsaken score?

Whats your gcse and a level grades. Just wondering
Apply to unis that do not put much weight on the ucat
Reply 4
Original post by comrade123
Whats your gcse and a level grades. Just wondering

GCSEs- 10 9/8s including sciences maths and English

A levels predicted- A* A* A* A C
A levels already achieved- A* (Turkish)
Reply 5
Original post by Student5cience
Apply to unis that do not put much weight on the ucat

Yeah but they still look at ucat score and it is considered somewhat important right?
Reply 6
Original post by hungrysalamander
Can't give suggestions without your full stats. Post them on the megathread below:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6679038

thanks man
Have you thought of sitting the BMAT? While I’m sure there will be unis you can apply to with your ucat score as it’s it as bad as you think (as someone already said, your best option for this is to post your full stats on the megathread),with your GCSEs and predicted A levels maybe the BMAT would open up more options for you. Some people just don’t suit the style of the ucat or just don’t do themselves justice on the day - it’s worth doing a past exam paper on the BMAT website and seeing how you get on with it….
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 8
That’s probably around the average for this year maybe a little higher so it’s a good score should be good for quite a few unis assuming the rest of your application is good

First of all u don't know whether that's a bad score, interim scores are released mid september so wait till then before jumping to any conclusions and secondly if u compare ur score to 2020 average ur in the 6th decile which is pretty good, I'd say wait till u know which decile ur in for this year's cohort and apply strategically. Some unis don't put that much emphasis on UCAT
Your score isn't a disaster, it would probably be around average or just above average. Yes you can definitely get into university with this score given that the rest of your application is sound. I suggest you start researching universities asap and pick out the ones that aren't heavily reliant on UCAT scores. Your GCSEs seem great so perhaps look into universities that place emphasis on those.
Reply 11
GCSEs- 10 9/8s including sciences maths and English

A levels predicted- A* A* A* A C
A levels already achieved- A* (Turkish)

With those A-Levels you should be golden for the unis that don't use ucat too heavily. This might help https://www.themedicportal.com/blog/where-to-apply-with-a-low-ucat-score-2021-entry/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending