Failed 1st Year In Pharmacy

Watch this thread
kabunji1996
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Unfortunately, I have seen my results on the last 3 resits that I was supposed to pass, and have failed them, meaning I can’t progress onto second year in UEA. Also, my advisor has told me that I can’t resit the year, or redo the 3 failed exams next year unless I appeal. I’m so lost and I don’t know what to do. I haven’t even told my parents yet and I know how disappointed they’ll be at me. Can I reapply for the course in a different uni, and try apply for an alternate course at the university?
Inquistor24
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 months ago
I know how hard it can be when you've been told your whole life that you're smart, and then the reality of university hits you, where you absolutely must do the work, and it can be shocking. You just have to learn that grafting is the way forward at this stage in your life.
Last edited by Inquistor24; 10 months ago
mrlittlebigman
Badges: 12
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by kabunji1996)
Unfortunately, I have seen my results on the last 3 resits that I was supposed to pass, and have failed them, meaning I can’t progress onto second year in UEA. Also, my advisor has told me that I can’t resit the year, or redo the 3 failed exams next year unless I appeal. I’m so lost and I don’t know what to do. I haven’t even told my parents yet and I know how disappointed they’ll be at me. Can I reapply for the course in a different uni, and try apply for an alternate course at the university?
Do you know why you failed the 3 exams? Did you not put the revision in, or do you just not enjoy the course, or find it too difficult.
At the end of the day, do you actually want to be a pharmacist?
I know one girl who dropped out of one university and had a gap year, and then started again somewhere else.

I would try and talk to your personal tutor again this week and ask if it is worth an appeal if you want to continue, but there's nothing wrong in admitting you picked the wrong course and starting fresh on something you really want to do in Sept 2022.

OK, so you'll have 9k you have to pay off, and your parents may be upset for a while, but I'm sure they would rather see you happy than slog through another 4 yrs of pharmacy, and be miserable, especially if you got in through Clearing and it wasn't your original choice of course, or you aren't really that interested in the subject, you've found out as the year has gone on. Or even that Uni life isn't for you, and you might prefer to look at other options like the Open University?
Good luck.
Ask him ask him
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Your parents will be proud of of you for trying, you did the year, you didn't give up and as long as you tried your best it doesn't really matter
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (53)
69.74%
In the post (3)
3.95%
Text (10)
13.16%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (10)
13.16%

Watched Threads