International applicant here
For a level, I have gotten A*AAA
Was a class representative once
Grade 5 Piano and have performed a lot

Read books like being mortal, this is going to hurt, when breath becomes air
Attended an online course on Ebola
Self-learning a foreign language
Hobbies like drawing and dancing

If I’m applying, I will most probably be applying for UCL medicine only (cause I didn’t take UCAT + tuition fees costs)

Would love an honest reply. Thank you.

Keep in mind that while America may love to see students cram as many extra-curriculars, the UK prefers supercurriculars, so make sure not to take too much space up in your personal statement if you choose to talk about this - a student could do none of these things and still get a place!

Your A-Levels are fine - how are your I/GCSEs or equivalent? And have you taken/are preparing for the BMAT?
Reply 2
Original post by AmIReallyHere
Keep in mind that while America may love to see students cram as many extra-curriculars, the UK prefers supercurriculars, so make sure not to take too much space up in your personal statement if you choose to talk about this - a student could do none of these things and still get a place!

Your A-Levels are fine - how are your I/GCSEs or equivalent? And have you taken/are preparing for the BMAT?

Thank you for your reply, I have now added in my IGCSE results. I haven’t taken the BMAT.
(edited 2 years ago)
UCL Medical School is positioned ninth on the planet in the QS World University Rankings Top Medical Universities (2021). Our MBBS is perhaps the most renowned on the planet and numerous UCL Medical School graduated classes have proceeded to turn out to be high-profile figures and heads of the medical calling across the globe. So I can say that applying to UCL Medical School is worth it for a bright future.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by revezens
Thank you for your reply, I have now added in my IGCSE results. I haven’t taken the BMAT.

Also what did do you your A-Levels in? (I'm assuming English Language and Maths are in those IGCSEs)
Reply 5
Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Physics

A* in Maths
Original post by revezens
International applicant here
For a level, I have gotten A*AAA
IGCSE: 4A* 3A 1B (B in Chinese)
Was a class representative once
Grade 5 Piano and have performed a lot
Read books like being mortal, this is going to hurt, when breath becomes air
Attended an online course on Ebola
Self-learning a foreign language
Hobbies like
drawing and dancing

If I’m applying, I will most probably be applying for UCL medicine only (cause I didn’t take UCAT tuition fees costs)

Would love an honest reply. Thank you.

As stated above extra curriculars aren't as important in the UK and the ones I highlighted are a bit irrelevant for medicine. Supercurriculars such as shadowing a doctor (BSMS has a good online course if you can't find a doctor to shadow) or volunteering in a care home is more important in your personal statement if you reflect on your experiences. Same can be said with the extra curriculars above it's more important to reflect on them such as leadership from being a class representative or manual dexterity from piano. It's a bit risky to apply to just one medical school let alone a single BMAT one as you don't know your BMAT results until you sent out your application. If you don't want to take the UCAT then you can also consider other BMAT unis such as Leeds, Imperial, Oxbridge, BSMS, Lancaster and keele (international only).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending