cyberoverride
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
1. Are u intrested in online or physical learning
2. what are the advantages and disadvantages in online
3. what are the advantages and disadvantages in physical
As you know due to the covid-19 pandemic we had to do via online
post how you made online more interesting or some tips of having positive minds in online classes....
Esheth_Perera
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
I like physical learning more than online.
artful_lounger
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I've done online distance learning, on a course designed for that specifically, online distance learning on a course designed to be delivered in person normally, and in person teaching. So I've experienced all of it more or less

Personally I think online teaching is better for large format lectures where there is little student interaction anyway, since it eliminates a lot of the bad things about lectures when you go in person and has no real downsides. You don't have to listen to a gaggle of students at the back have a conversation unrelated to the lecture, or sit in the usually uncomfortable lecture hall seating. It's also easier to quickly look up things you aren't sure of during the lecture as and when they come up.

I do think in-person teaching is important for small group teaching (e.g. tutorials, seminars, supervisions, etc) and for practical classes (lab classes for STEM subjects mainly, but potentially also material/object handling classes for e.g. archaeological, art historical, or anthropological type courses). Discussion based classes I gather are harder for lecturers to run online as they can't get the same "sense" of whether the class has understood something, and I think students are even more reluctant to participate in open discussion online than in person (and I know that even in person it's hard to get things started!). Likewise you really can't replace lab based experiments for those subjects that have them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (28)
9.56%
Okay (86)
29.35%
A bit lacking (107)
36.52%
Not good at all (72)
24.57%

Watched Threads