Should I continue going over GCSE science flashcards during A-level?

Watch
pH1waay2acidic
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi,

I'm gonna take maths, bio and chem A levels.

I've forgotten much of GCSE science, especially as we haven't been tested on certain topics for ages.

I don't have flashcards for every topic in GCSE bio and chem (including many hard topics).

I was wondering if I should continue to look through, and possibly fill out the remaining topics of, my GCSE bio/chem flashcards or just watch freesciencelessons for a small topic when I need to. Or, could I get away with just creating flashcards for bio and chem after every A level lesson and go over them when Anki says to?

Essentially, how crucial is a maintained, thorough understanding of GCSE science to A level science if I intend to create and go over flashcards for every A level lesson?

Thanks
tyegxulder_
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
Yes, revise the basics if you've forgotten them
However, A Level content is so different to GCSE content that it's just worth going over basic A Level content, maybe transition YouTube videos for those subjects.
I'm going into year 12 and I've written out the whole spec in my notebooks for each subject. I've started learning some AS Content to prepare myself so I won't be overwhelmed.
myroomaccount
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
definitely gonna need to know a lot of the GCSE content, look at the spec to see where the overlap is. As long as you understand the basic concepts you'll be fine and the teachers will go over any old content before adding to it (but briefly!). Hope this helps xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (78)
20.74%
Note taking apps (7)
1.86%
Flashcards (86)
22.87%
Revision guides (19)
5.05%
Past papers (172)
45.74%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (14)
3.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed