The Student Room Group

Ladies: What are your standards for a man?

Scroll to see replies

A decent man pls :biggrin:
Original post by londonmyst
A single heterosexual guy at least 15 years older than me, minimum height of 5'4 and who is compatible with all my dealbreakers, wants one biological child and is committed to being a co-parent for 18 years.
Ambitious, always keeps promises, bibliophile, calm, clean shaven, dog friendly, employed/history of regularly working, fully assimiliated into mainstream english culture, honest, healthy, independent, intelligent, secular, smartly dressed, strong work ethic, takes personal responsibility for his lifestyle/choices/mistakes instead of blaming others, opposes illegal immigration and has no moral qualms with stk-syg or mandatory full life tariffs for specific crimes & serial offenders.

Not a guy who is:
A boxer, sjw, gamer, anarchist, anti-British, fan of extended families/grandparents right to contact, habitually loud, militant, overweight, very muscular, obsessed with israel/zionism/jews, on daily medication, enabler of cults/criminals/people traffickers/religious hardliners, into plushophilia, political revolutionary, selfie obsessed, supporter of abstinence until marriage or abortion protests, teetotal, terrorist appeaser/ally/mouthpiece.
Nor a fan of eating: brussels sprouts, escargot, fugu, game, green tomato ketchup, pineapple pizza or any seafood & meat meals that are bloody/raw/medium rare/undercooked.

I'm confused, what's wrong with a guy on daily medication?

Am I missing something?
Original post by 12115
Let's not change the course of this thread.

Of course..

But French speaking was mentioned by one of the respondents, I'm merely indulging :biggrin:
Are there gangsta japanese men who do drugs and have tattoos in the UK?
Who also listen to rap/hiphop music
Standards/preferences (not in order of importance just the order I think of them in lmao)

Kind
Generous
Not too clingy but not distant either
Good work ethic
Wants a family of two children or more
Honest
Aged 18-23 (as of rn)
5’7 or over
Wants a long term relationship and marriage in the future
Intelligent and has common sense (doesn’t necessarily have to have gone to uni)
Adventurous and sometimes spontaneous
Healthy (probably one of the most important)
Good with children and animal
Good decision maker
Similar interests or at least we can appreciate each other’s interests
Kind looking (like you know when someone just has kind eyes and you feel like you can trust them??)
Good sense of humour, has banter and doesn’t take themselves too seriously
Able to help each other grow and balance each other out
Good hygiene
Has a reasonable job with a steady income/in full time study

Dealbreakers and no nos (again in order that I think of them in)

Unhealthy (overweight, some health conditions as well including ones that could potentially be passed to our children?)
Controlling (I’m very ambitious and have always been one to aim high and do what I want to get the most out of life)
Boring (can’t hold a good convo)
Bad hygiene
LAZY (probs one of my most important literally can’t deal with that at all)
Overly clingy
Mean (sounds wet but yeah)
Doesn’t want kids
Untrustworthy or dishonest on nights out/with money/anything
Picky eaters or being overly fussy is a massive ick ngl
Mummy’s boy or weird/controlling family (sorry but last relationship was unbearable bc of it he’d do anything and everything his mum would tell him)
Not independent
Original post by Anonymous
How can I find a japanese bf who speaks japanese, likes anime, who is 6 foot in height, does drugs, and is involved in gangs?

I'm here bb
Original post by 12115
Age preferences?

No younger, no more than 5 years older (I prefer a guy v similar age)
Are there gangsta japanese men who do drugs and have tattoos in the UK?

Right here :wink:
Ha I made the gender flipped version of this thread a long time ago lol

But in an ideal guy

I'd want someone who's my age or a year older (max 2 years older) so ideally late 17s, 18 or 19
Someone thoughtful, caring, understanding, loving and romantic, someone who can make me laugh (good sense of humour), trustworthy, would never cheat or hurt me on purpose, loves animals (cats and dogs especially), is trustworthy and would love me even at my worst, I don't wanna feel like the only one trying. Heterosexual, and taller than me (so 5'6 or taller), don't mind the complexion, smart in some ways (academic, or at least not stupid), kind and cares about the environment, spoils me lol, alpha ish and good hair which I can run my hands threw and mess up lol, love broad shoulders and bulky arms, don't mind if he's not fit or a bit fat, I fall for dudes with a good personality, brown eyes or blue tbh i don't mind, I like brown hair dudes more than those with blonde hair but then again don't really mind those stuff, some one protective though, and someone who'd show me how much he cares, not afraid to show me off or tell the world he loves me, someone who'd accept me for who I am and be able to love me despite insecurities or baggage from my past.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Alaska_Bear_25
Ha I made the gender flipped version of this thread a long time ago lol

I remember that! The contrast between the responces are hillarious. Guys usually write 2-3 sentences while girls can write a whole essay on their type.
height: idc about height but preference is 5ft 7+
temperment: caring, loyal, funny, goofy, confident, honest, trustworthy, romantic, protective (who doesn't love a protective man ladies:wink:)
his looks would be a bonus :wink: as i get attracted to the personality beforehand
but ideally brown eyes and dark skinned (tanned ifygm)
a bit of muscle and some abs peaking through ya know
good with children
wants kids in mid twenties (bit far ik)
and thats is tbf
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by hungrysalamander
I remember that! The contrast between the responces are hillarious. Guys usually write 2-3 sentences while girls can write a whole essay on their type.

Yea I remember your reply lol, not what the reply was but like I remember seeing your username there. Yeaaa it is pretty funny but then again we're more sure about what we want, you guys don't tend to be as sure about it, there's a lot more room for going with the flow
I feel awkward doing this but here we go. Not a girl myself but since I’m gay I suppose still relevant?

Decently good looking/cute
Funny/interesting enough to keep my attention
Not too horny
Someone I can trust, like if he’s being close with someone I want him to reassure he still likes me
Hopefully a bit taller than me
Hopefully a bit alpha
Hopefully with a touch of a dark side
Hopefully a bit smart with his own little tricks and pranks

That’s all I can think of for now
Reply 94
No younger, no more than 5 years older (I prefer a guy v similar age)

Yes, same!
Reply 95
Original post by *****deadness
I feel awkward doing this but here we go. Not a girl myself but since I’m gay I suppose still relevant?

Decently good looking/cute
Funny/interesting enough to keep my attention
Not too horny
Someone I can trust, like if he’s being close with someone I want him to reassure he still likes me
Hopefully a bit taller than me
Hopefully a bit alpha
Hopefully with a touch of a dark side
Hopefully a bit smart with his own little tricks and pranks

That’s all I can think of for now

Yes, I want someone like this too. I am not gay but I get you.
Standards/preferences (not in order of importance just the order I think of them in lmao)

Kind
Generous
Not too clingy but not distant either
Good work ethic
Wants a family of two children or more
Honest
Aged 18-23 (as of rn)
5’7 or over
Wants a long term relationship and marriage in the future
Intelligent and has common sense (doesn’t necessarily have to have gone to uni)
Adventurous and sometimes spontaneous
Healthy (probably one of the most important)
Good with children and animal
Good decision maker
Similar interests or at least we can appreciate each other’s interests
Kind looking (like you know when someone just has kind eyes and you feel like you can trust them??)
Good sense of humour, has banter and doesn’t take themselves too seriously
Able to help each other grow and balance each other out
Good hygiene
Has a reasonable job with a steady income/in full time study

Dealbreakers and no nos (again in order that I think of them in)

Unhealthy (overweight, some health conditions as well including ones that could potentially be passed to our children?)
Controlling (I’m very ambitious and have always been one to aim high and do what I want to get the most out of life)
Boring (can’t hold a good convo)
Bad hygiene
LAZY (probs one of my most important literally can’t deal with that at all)
Overly clingy
Mean (sounds wet but yeah)
Doesn’t want kids
Untrustworthy or dishonest on nights out/with money/anything
Picky eaters or being overly fussy is a massive ick ngl
Mummy’s boy or weird/controlling family (sorry but last relationship was unbearable bc of it he’d do anything and everything his mum would tell him)
Not independent

I suppose you are single...
What’s your age ?

That's a secret...
Reply 98
Original post by Lucifer323
I suppose you are single...

Her standards are reasonable and realistic. How do you assume she's single?
Original post by 12115
Her standards are reasonable and realistic. How do you assume she's single?

Too many standards and deal-breakers...
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending