Does Oxbridge accept AS Level exam resits for this O/N series?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
If i want to apply for Oxford classics, intl student
Currently slated to appear for AS exams in fall 2021 (in 1 month) and then appear for the A2 exams in summer 2022.
If I don't get my desired grade (A, which is the highest u can get in AS) in one of my subjects, and decide to appear for the entire A-level again in 2022 (rather than just the A2 papers) would oxford consider this a resit or not? And would this disadvantage me?
Squiggles1238
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 9 months ago
your best bet would be to contact them directly via email and see what they say
Cloumo
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 9 months ago
Yes, that would be a resit.
Are you in year12/AS or year13/A2 now? It seems you are finishing alevel in one year.
You are applying with predicted grade for your whole alevel. Resitting one might not be a big deal. If you resit several subjects, that could be a disadvantage.
If you are in year12, don't hurry to finish all paper unless you are confident. If you are in year13, they only look at your predicted grade and you have to meet the conditions if you have an offer.
Anonymous #2
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
If i want to apply for Oxford classics, intl student
Currently slated to appear for AS exams in fall 2021 (in 1 month) and then appear for the A2 exams in summer 2022.
If I don't get my desired grade (A, which is the highest u can get in AS) in one of my subjects, and decide to appear for the entire A-level again in 2022 (rather than just the A2 papers) would oxford consider this a resit or not? And would this disadvantage me?
Not officially, just apply, if rejected apply again if this is your hearts desire. Everyone has off days, weeks and years. If rejected both times go to a Russell group university on UCAS with a professor/tutors who did a degree there it will stand you in good stead. Achieve a 1st , 2.1 and a apply again this time for a masters with super academic references in hand. My friend, got some low scores in his A levels, but this did not deter him, he applied to Oxford with a 1st from Newcastle-Upon-Tyne. He achieved a masters, the out come he trained to be an architect.
2500_2
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Not officially, just apply, if rejected apply again if this is your hearts desire. Everyone has off days, weeks and years. If rejected both times go to a Russell group university on UCAS with a professor/tutors who did a degree there it will stand you in good stead. Achieve a 1st , 2.1 and a apply again this time for a masters with super academic references in hand. My friend, got some low scores in his A levels, but this did not deter him, he applied to Oxford with a 1st from Newcastle-Upon-Tyne. He achieved a masters, the out come he trained to be an architect.
While this is a lovely inspiring story, Oxford don't offer architecture.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by 2500_2)
While this is a lovely inspiring story, Oxford don't offer architecture.
He trained to be a Architect after he achieved his masters at Oxford. I am sorry that was not clear.

"He achieved a masters, the out come he trained to be an architect"
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (13)
31.71%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (14)
34.15%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
4.88%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (2)
4.88%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (3)
7.32%
I’m starting to consider my university options (6)
14.63%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
2.44%

Watched Threads