The Student Room Group

I have made terrible mistakes

Hi,

I am continuing student about to enter my final year. I accidentaly submitted an application for student finance where I applied for part-time instead of full-time. I also accidently said I was financially independent, I have been working part-time for the past two years, but they required it to be 3 years. Please can someone help me!!!
Original post by MaxStar123
Hi,

I am continuing student about to enter my final year. I accidentaly submitted an application for student finance where I applied for part-time instead of full-time. I also accidently said I was financially independent, I have been working part-time for the past two years, but they required it to be 3 years. Please can someone help me!!!

Hi Max, if you applied for part time instead of full time then you will need to send in the full time PN1 form http://ow.ly/d/8pbk

You will need to provide your sponsors financial details if you are not independent.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/supporting-your-child-or-partners-student-finance-application-in-3-easy-steps

Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi Max, if you applied for part time instead of full time then you will need to send in the full time PN1 form http://ow.ly/d/8pbk

You will need to provide your sponsors financial details if you are not independent.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/supporting-your-child-or-partners-student-finance-application-in-3-easy-steps

Thanks, Isaac

Hi Isaac as I have said before, I managed to cancel my accidental part-time application. However before reapplying I have discovered another issue. For 20/21 I switched from full time to part time study but due to compelling personal circumstances I was able to apply and be accepted for full time finance. Because I switched year got split into two years and 21/22 will be the second half. However student finance thinks I should have graduated by now and I am worried that they will think if I apply again student finance will think it's a repeat year
Reply 3
Hi Isaac, I am really scared now. I have found out the reason why student finance think if I apply it is a repeat year is that, whether it was a mistake on my 20/21 application or my university despite updating my certificate of student status to study part-time apparentely my end date for university wes never changed. I am really scared because either it is too late to change my end date or if I do my 20/21 application will be cancelled and I would have back thousands of pounds.
Hi Isaac as I have said before, I managed to cancel my accidental part-time application. However before reapplying I have discovered another issue. For 20/21 I switched from full time to part time study but due to compelling personal circumstances I was able to apply and be accepted for full time finance. Because I switched year got split into two years and 21/22 will be the second half. However student finance thinks I should have graduated by now and I am worried that they will think if I apply again student finance will think it's a repeat year

Hi Isaac, I am really scared now. I have found out the reason why student finance think if I apply it is a repeat year is that, whether it was a mistake on my 20/21 application or my university despite updating my certificate of student status to study part-time apparentely my end date for university wes never changed. I am really scared because either it is too late to change my end date or if I do my 20/21 application will be cancelled and I would have back thousands of pounds.

If you were a part time student on a full time course and studied the year over two academic years then that will be 2 years of previous study.

Please can you message us on Facebook/Twitter so we can review your account?
If you prefer to call, our number is 0300 100 0607.

Thanks, Isaac
Reply 5
I was a full-time student for 18/19 and 19/20. I switched to part-time for 20/21. So my third year was supposed to now be 20/21 and 21/22. I have not started my second half, so it is not a previous study.

If you were a part time student on a full time course and studied the year over two academic years then that will be 2 years of previous study.

Thanks, Isaac
Reply 6

Thanks, Isaac

I am still studying the same course at the same university but for some reason my course end was never extended.
I was a full-time student for 18/19 and 19/20. I switched to part-time for 20/21. So my third year was supposed to now be 20/21 and 21/22. I have not started my second half, so it is not a previous study.

I am still studying the same course at the same university but for some reason my course end was never extended.

It would be better if you message us so we can review your account. It's difficult to provide general information regarding this situation.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 8
It would be better if you message us so we can review your account. It's difficult to provide general information regarding this situation.
Thanks, Isaac

I have sorted out my end date issue but before I apply as I am part-time student on a full-time course should I apply for a part-time application or a full-time application?
I have sorted out my end date issue but before I apply as I am part-time student on a full-time course should I apply for a part-time application or a full-time application?

If you are on a full time course, you should apply for full time funding - even if you are studying part time on the full time course.

Thanks, Isaac
Reply 10
If you are on a full time course, you should apply for full time funding - even if you are studying part time on the full time course.

Thanks, Isaac

I have a fixed rate cash isa account. Do you have to put that in taxable unearned income. My bank says this account is not affected by taxes but I just want to make sure whether I say I have taxable unearned income for 21/22 or not.
I have a fixed rate cash isa account. Do you have to put that in taxable unearned income. My bank says this account is not affected by taxes but I just want to make sure whether I say I have taxable unearned income for 21/22 or not.

Our guidance states:

Income that will be taken into account

Bank or Building Society Gross Interest
Property Lettings or Rent
Dividends from investments/shares/unit trusts
Trusts or Sponsorships
Pensions
Payment from their employer who has released them to attend their course
Any other payment received for attending the course

Income that will NOT be taken into account

Any earnings from full or part-time work this can be vacation work or work during term time
Maintenance Loan or Grant payments
Child and Working Tax Credits
State benefits
ISA’s, TESSA’s
Payments received from parents under covenant
Child maintenance payments received. These maintenance payments should be included as part of the children’s income in section 8d
Teacher Training Bursaries
Care Leavers Bursary
Other Higher Education Bursaries (HEBSS/WBS)
Bounties paid by the armed services to reservists or disablement or invalidity pensions
Profit from selling property
Ebay

Thanks, Isaac
Reply 12
Our guidance states:

Income that will be taken into account

Bank or Building Society Gross Interest
Property Lettings or Rent
Dividends from investments/shares/unit trusts
Trusts or Sponsorships
Pensions
Payment from their employer who has released them to attend their course
Any other payment received for attending the course

Income that will NOT be taken into account

Any earnings from full or part-time work this can be vacation work or work during term time
Maintenance Loan or Grant payments
Child and Working Tax Credits
State benefits
ISA’s, TESSA’s
Payments received from parents under covenant
Child maintenance payments received. These maintenance payments should be included as part of the children’s income in section 8d
Teacher Training Bursaries
Care Leavers Bursary
Other Higher Education Bursaries (HEBSS/WBS)
Bounties paid by the armed services to reservists or disablement or invalidity pensions
Profit from selling property
Ebay

Thanks, Isaac

Thank your this, but I am still confused. The reason is the savings account says there is no tax on the account and the interest earned from the fixed rate cash isa would not be enough to be taxed and I do not earn enough to be taxed to dirsupte my personal savings allowance, so can you please clarify.
Thank your this, but I am still confused. The reason is the savings account says there is no tax on the account and the interest earned from the fixed rate cash isa would not be enough to be taxed and I do not earn enough to be taxed to dirsupte my personal savings allowance, so can you please clarify.

I would go by our guidelines and our guidelines state any ISA does not need to be declared.

Thanks, Isaac
Reply 14
I would go by our guidelines and our guidelines state any ISA does not need to be declared.

Thanks, Isaac

Thank you for clarifying. I am sorry but I have one more question, I live with my mum and my mum is divorces but she divorced before the given date on the pr1 form, does that mean she does not have to send in any evidence.
Thank you for clarifying. I am sorry but I have one more question, I live with my mum and my mum is divorces but she divorced before the given date on the pr1 form, does that mean she does not have to send in any evidence.

If she is divorced she should upload her decree absolute document.

Thanks, Isaac
Reply 16
If she is divorced she should upload her decree absolute document.

Thanks, Isaac

Hi Isaac, I have sent a pr1 form in the post. It was only yesterday so I am not expecting a response yet, I am a part-time student on a full-time course for the second half of my third year, I did not send cpr with it. Is this ok or would this be rejected without cpr.
Hi Isaac, I have sent a pr1 form in the post. It was only yesterday so I am not expecting a response yet, I am a part-time student on a full-time course for the second half of my third year, I did not send cpr with it. Is this ok or would this be rejected without cpr.

You only wouldn't need CPR if you have your additional year available to use. If you message us on Facebook/Twitter we can review your account.

Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending