Original post by Igotbbcalevel
can I pay them less (cost of removal)

What did the contract say?
Original post by Muttley79
What did the contract say?

there was no contract just a quote
there was no contract just a quote

And the quote detailed what? If it did not specify removing rubbish you have no case.
Original post by Muttley79
And the quote detailed what? If it did not specify removing rubbish you have no case.

for real bruv. that's not how work should be done. you don't go make a mess and leave it for the customer. the builders getting a negative review
Reply 5
for real bruv. that's not how work should be done. you don't go make a mess and leave it for the customer. the builders getting a negative review

You can't assume they will get rid of the crap leftover, it needs agreeing beforehand - really, you need to be checking they have a valid waste carrier's license before agreeing to the work etc

Just talk to them about it and try to avoid awkwardness on any side. Sure it can be sorted
It costs builders money to properly dispose of waste so it would be detailed on the quote. You can take stuff to the tip for free.
This should have been discussed up front though.

Negative review because because you are incapable of reading the details of services before paying for services?

I guess they were low-priced since they avoided having to put waste away (since it costs extra and would be coming out of your budget)

Leaving a negative review affects the business in a negative way.. and maybe they may increase the price in the future because one lazy crackhead didn't want to get rid of the waste... so they don't get any negative review even though its not their fault.
can I pay them less (cost of removal)

I suspect you accepted their quote because it seemed so much cheaper than some other ones you received. I think you've now found out the reason why it was cheap...

So you agreed to work without detailing what was being done and how they were disposing of the rubbish?
its all good guys. threatening them with a negative review cleaned up their act. they will be taking it away. sometimes you have to be a little sassy to get what you want

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending