Dyakson
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by technik)
sounds great
Mmmm - money...

If I hadn't got that job, there's no way I could have paid my tuition fees last term. It's a good thing I have it!
Sarky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

I have just got a job as a relief worker at the nursery that the university runs.
sweetheart1241
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
I work part time in Tesco and get moaned at constantly by the customers over stupid things like scanning too fast.
trev
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by sweetheart1241)
I work part time in Tesco and get moaned at constantly by the customers over stupid things like scanning too fast.
That is weird that cutsomers complain about scanning too fast. I won't if I were them.
Dyakson
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Why is that a problem? :confused:

I prefer working the till to washing up or preparing burgers and pizza, which are the three main jobs at my workplace.
erk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
A shelf stacker at Boots. Oh yes.

:rolleyes:
PinkPigeon
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I work in the home department of Debenhams which is...ahem...a lovely job. It's incredibly dull and I have to pretend to care about saucepans!
sweetheart1241
Report 14 years ago
If I scan too fast the customers panic,they cant pack the bags and they get in a mess. Its quite funny actually. I actually do it sometimes to annoy people. lol. Is that nasty?!
Muse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If I scan too fast the customers panic,they cant pack the bags and they get in a mess. Its quite funny actually. I actually do it sometimes to annoy people. lol. Is that nasty?!
Yes. There'll be no Tesco Value Awards for you..
sweetheart1241
Report 14 years ago
I better stop doing it then!
Dyakson
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Eloel! I tend to be too slow for my colleagues' tastes...
sweetheart1241
Report 14 years ago
lol. Whats a tesco value award! i havent ever heard of them
Muse
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I better stop doing it then!
When customers used to give me receipts that had points to add on to their clubcard, I used to type "0" into the till if I didn't like the look of them :eek:
sweetheart1241
Report 14 years ago
Im not allowed to add points to peoples clubcards. Dont think im important enough :hmpf:
sparkle86
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Wow.

I cannot believe how many people hate their jobs. I am so lucky that i work somewhere i completely love to bits.

I work on a holiday park for Bourne Leisure and, well, like i said, i love it to bits. Its so much fun.

I mean, I work in the shop so its not the most glamourous job in the world but i dont really care to be honest. Everyone's happy most of the time. So its smiles all around. You get a few moody buggers but they're not really a problem cos everyone else is so lovely.

Its a 2 minute drive from my house, theres not 1 member of staff i dont get on with. I get to use the pools whenever, its just amazing. I love it. I couldnt work somewhere i hated unless i was desperate.

But im hoping to go live on another site next year and the park im looking at looks even better so im quite excited about that.

So yea im a very lucky woman to work somewhere i love to bits.

karen xxx
RainbowJo
Report 14 years ago
Two years on tills in Safeway :p: Made me want to KILL myself....

Check it out: this is the site I work for

Hehe.... low pay, boss rarely shows, I have 2 skivvies now (high turnover rate, I get to be the boss at weekends !) erm, its different!

Miss paid sick days..... had a FEW at Safeway! What? It was never becuase I was hungover, don't be so silly!! :coffee: Hehe my boss just assumes thats how I am though, has never seen me any other way!!
Muse
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Im not allowed to add points to peoples clubcards. Dont think im important enough :hmpf:
I have been there for 3 years..
sweetheart1241
Report 14 years ago
Good point! I have only been there 6 months but im a valued member of the team- I scan fast and everything. I should get some privileges if you ask me
Muse
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Good point! I have only been there 6 months but im a valued member of the team- I scan fast and everything. I should get some privileges if you ask me
oh, you'd do it for free if you could
Butterfly
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I am a 'sales advisor' at River Island. It's better than when I worked at Tesco but I would rather be a waitress
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1581)
79.29%
Leave (413)
20.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed