Whats your job? Watch

This discussion is closed.
looby3
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i work at a doctors surgery - as a clerical assistant - i'm going to be working there full time in July as well - Yay!!
Muse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I used to be a tesco junior manager but more or less gave it up before going to uni.
LittleMiss
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I work as a playworker with children in the holidays its good fun usually!
Sarah7
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
When I was at college, I worked part time at Boots. It was actually pretty good - decent pay (in comparison to other shops where my friends worked) and the discount was always nice

Right now, until I go to uni, I'm temping. It's all office work - data inputting, filing, receptionist, etc - but it's great for me because it's so flexible so when all my friends come back over the summer I don't have to miss doing fun things for the sake of work It's dull work, but because I'm rarely in the same place for more than 3 weeks, that keeps it interesting.
james101
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i work on a fish bar at tesco, i really hate it and will probaly leave soon.
pink_lucie
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by gossip_girl)
i flutter my eye lashes and say daddy i love you, i dont have to work
:eek: i cant believe i said that! :eek:
the sand man
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
ok i have a weekend night job i work on friday from 9pm - saturday 6am getting 6.53per hour and on saturday from 9pm - sunday 7am getting 10.oo per hour i work for a news paper paking center
i pack the papers beofor they get taaken to the shop and supper maketes for sale.
james101
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by the_sand_man)
ok i have a weekend night job i work on friday from 9pm - saturday 6am getting 6.53per hour and on saturday from 9pm - sunday 7am getting 10.oo per hour i work for a news paper paking center
i pack the papers beofor they get taaken to the shop and supper maketes for sale.
cool job, what qualifications/experience do you need for that?
ThePants999
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Part time? What's that?

In fifty days I will be a software engineer.
james101
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
how? you went through uni?
ThePants999
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Indeed. I will have finished uni in 24 days.
james101
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
so how long were you there for? and how did you manage to get the job? was the work hard?

ive applied to computer science 4 year course and hope to get in.
ThePants999
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Three year course, Economics & Management degree. Applied in my first year for an internship there in my first summer, got it, had a great time - went back in my second summer and now I'm going back there permanently. It's a challenging job but really enjoyable - can't wait to start.
the sand man
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
to james101 non just need to be able to count lets say i was at the right place at the right time to get the job
Steph!
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
waitressing. £3.00/hour aaarg!

I do get about £10 tips a day though!
Neocortex
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
in the financial control dept. work experience student. working in the accounts and purchasing etc. until the september then back to university with some money to fund myself =D

and to be honest the accounts part is boring, requiring detailed work but thankfully not my major, no excitement at all personally (no offense to account students) :boring:
NoMoreRain
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
I have my own business and it's all online... Let's just say I sell people things and make good profit out of it. (No way enough to live on, but for a student, it's good!)
*starry_eyed_*
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
work in primarkzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zz the pay is awful but nowhere else has any vacancies
silverfish
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i work in WHSmiths and i love it
i only work sundays but all the people are really really cool and we just talk and have a laugh all day. The work isnt too taxing either.
Want to get another job during the summer though - i might be cheeky and work in the book shop down the road for a change he he
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (45)
73.77%
Leave (16)
26.23%

Watched Threads