The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

Urgent - merseyrail pass

I live on the Wirral and will need to get a term time Merseyrail pass to go to Chester. It says I need to get it signed and my photography but I have no idea how I can do it and it’s really stressing me out
Reply 1
Original post by ChewbaccaSock
I live on the Wirral and will need to get a term time Merseyrail pass to go to Chester. It says I need to get it signed and my photography but I have no idea how I can do it and it’s really stressing me out

Um, according to Merseyrail...
https://www.merseyrail.org/tickets-passes/season-tickets/railpass.aspx
- fill in form
- take form and ID photo to a Merseyrail station. If you don't have a passport type photo, there's a list of stations with photo booths on them in the link.
- get given a pass.

If doing this online, you should be able to upload a passport type photo.
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
Thank you but it’s more about how I get the form signed by the uni. I’ve never even been to the campus before so I have no idea what to do

Original post by Emily_B
Um, according to Merseyrail...
https://www.merseyrail.org/tickets-passes/season-tickets/railpass.aspx
- fill in form
- take form and ID photo to a Merseyrail station. If you don't have a passport type photo, there's a list of stations with photo booths on them in the link.
- get given a pass.

If doing this online, you should be able to upload a passport type photo.
Reply 3
Thank you but it’s more about how I get the form signed by the uni. I’ve never even been to the campus before so I have no idea what to do

Get in touch with the department. Email is the best way - info will be on the uni website - to get someone to agree to sign it, then go there to get it signed.
(This also raises the question as to why you've never been to campus)
Hello fellow Wirral-person.

If the train station is nearby, I'd honestly go and just have a chat with them. Most of the staff are helpful, and they'd be happy to talk about something other than "Return to Liverpool Lime Street please".

<3 Merseyrail
Reply 5

Get in touch with the department. Email is the best way - info will be on the uni website - to get someone to agree to sign it, then go there to get it signed.
Hi I live on the Wirral and get the train to work everyday, I'm not sure what type of pass you are referring to? A metro card can be ordered online and activated at any merseyrail station.

If you speak to the people at the ticket office they will be happy to help :smile:
Original post by Emily_B

I’m sorry if you saw my last my last reply. I’m very drunk and I definitely read the last bit of your message in the wrong tone
Original post by Anonymous
Hi I live on the Wirral and get the train to work everyday, I'm not sure what type of pass you are referring to? A metro card can be ordered online and activated at any merseyrail station.

If you speak to the people at the ticket office they will be happy to help :smile:

The term time all zone pass. It works out at 250 ish quid but you need the uni to sign or stamp the form
The term time all zone pass. It works out at 250 ish quid but you need the uni to sign or stamp the form

Ah I see :smile:
Just check you can use that before 10am, I tried to use my railcard recently and was told it can't be used at peak times.

I'm sure your personal tutor would be happy to sign that for you, in the meantime I would get a weekly pass until you can get it signed. Merseyrail seem to really hate anything trainline related, consequently their ticket offices are usually really helpful and efficient as you can only really get tickets from there. Liverpool and Chester are the only two stations you can pick up e-tickets from, any of the other stations on the way you can only get them from the ticket office at the station :smile:

You can also get tickets that you can use the buses with as well so that could be worth looking into until you get your term pass :yes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending