The Student Room Group

my teachers believed in me but I don’t

ultimately I know myself best out of everyone and whether its too much for me in my classes, but do I have a mental problem if I always believe I failed everything/i’m going to fail everything and I don’t believe in myself because I am struggling in class, but teachers tell me I won’t fail?
I think a bit of context would help here. What happened that made you think that you are going to fail everything? Often I believe that I am doing much worse than I actually am, and your teachers, as a third party, probably are in a better position to judge your abilities than you are, as it is with me.
Reply 2
Original post by Doomotron
I think a bit of context would help here. What happened that made you think that you are going to fail everything? Often I believe that I am doing much worse than I actually am, and your teachers, as a third party, probably are in a better position to judge your abilities than you are, as it is with me.

did my head in studying too much, got sick and suffered partial memory loss and then I started struggling because of that and left A levels. I think I know how much my head can store and clearly I am not bright enough as I can’t handle so much information and if theres a limit you can’t get top grades.
Original post by Anonymous
did my head in studying too much, got sick and suffered partial memory loss and then I started struggling because of that and left A levels. I think I know how much my head can store and clearly I am not bright enough as I can’t handle so much information and if there's a limit you can’t get top grades.

I disagree. You said yourself that you were studying too much. That was the problem. When I revise, I try to do as much as I feel like doing, and nothing more for that day. Otherwise, I'd end up cramming too much information in and I'd remember none of it, while causing a lot of stress at the same time.

Quick Reply

Latest