Let's do things a Little Differently (A Yr13 GYG) (2021 -- 2022)

Watch
DownRangeLion
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Homework list (due week of 13/09/2021):

RS (Timed essay questions):
S -- (A) Explain Luther's view of justification and the responses (20)
-- (B) "Justification requires both faith and works." Evaluate this view. (30)
G -- (A) Examine the distinctive features of the celebration of Christmas in the Western Church. (20)
-- (B) "The differences in the celebration of Christmas between the Eastern Orthodox and the Western Church are of no significance." Evaluate this view.

BIOLOGY:
A -- Taxis and Kinesis practice questions (due 14/09/2021)

CHEMISTRY:
L -- AS Isomerism review questions (due 16/09/2021)

Misc:
-- Personal Statement
-- UCAS application
-- EPQ

-----------------------------------
Beware the smileys coming in the next 48 hours

UPDATE (11/09/2021):

The first week of school was quite stressful! I studied so hard for my chemistry test -- I really hope I've done enough to boost my grade/give evidence for appeals. I'm so nervous to get it back :/

Thursday evening, Friday and today were not as productive as I would have liked (I slept 11 hours last night help), but I can always work tomorrow and I still have time today which I'll probably leave for my personal statement.

I'll try and keep everyone posted!
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by DownRangeLion)
Hello! I realised I haven't updated in a few days!

So, it's currently Saturday evening. I had the test on Thursday, and I honestly couldn't tell you how well it went! I'm hopeful, but I'm also very cautious since I usually end up doing worse than I expect in Chemistry T_T There was a TOF mass spectrometry question, which threw me off for a second, but I usually stumble my way through them and I hope I could get at least four marks from it.

I got some extra time! Which was really useful because if I didn't have it I wouldn't have finished the TOF question. I also felt like I could think for the first time? I couldn't tell whether that was the revision or the extra time though ahah!

I almost drew the elimination reaction wrong because I registered "propene" as "propane" and was drawing PROPANE like "wait, what? An arrow's meant to be here but I don't know why..." I am SO glad I reread it because it immediately made so much more sense and then I just scribbled it down (hopefully correctly) XD

I answered every question, which is a massive plus All in all, I can only hope

Thanks for asking!
I'm glad the test went well! TOF questions are horrible. :cry2: Practice makes perfect, as they say. I'm glad you noticed your error on time. :laugh: Alkanes and alkenes can be so easily mixed up.

Well done on answering every question! :hugs:
DownRangeLion
Rep:
?
(Original post by 5hyl33n)
I'm glad the test went well! TOF questions are horrible. :cry2: Practice makes perfect, as they say. I'm glad you noticed your error on time. :laugh: Alkanes and alkenes can be so easily mixed up.

Well done on answering every question! :hugs:
Thank you!! Yup, that seems to be the rhetoric XD Me too, omg! It could've gone so wrong :bawling: Alkanes and alkenes can get in the bin, to be honest :lol:

Thank you! I hope I get good news from the results (fingers crossed)!
DownRangeLion
Rep:
?
G -- (A) Examine the distinctive features of the celebration of Christmas in the Western Church. (20)
-- (B) "The differences in the celebration of Christmas between the Eastern Orthodox and the Western Church are of no significance." Evaluate this view.

BIOLOGY:

CHEMISTRY:

Misc:
-- Personal Statement
-- UCAS application
-- EPQ
----------------------------
13/09/2021: I am very stressed. I'm going to panic revise my timed essay questions that is going to happen tomorrow, so wish me luck!

Tags:

Spoiler:
Show
flaurie
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Good luck!! :jive:
5hyl33n
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Good luck!
DownRangeLion
Rep:
?
(Original post by flaurie)
Good luck!! :jive:
Thank you so much!
(Original post by 5hyl33n)
Good luck!
Thank you!
DownRangeLion
Rep:
?
Update: So the biology test did not go that well; doing a test at lunch when you're easily distracted is hard. I stumbled my way through those questions and I fear I've done awfully; I revised none of the parts of the topics that actually came up. I'm annoyed and I just hope that they keep my predicted as the upper band :/

It's 5:30 in the morning right now (I've been up because periods) but I find it strange how the morning seems to move a lot slower. It's good for me, because I feel like I can get more done, aha!

More detailed post at the end of the week since I'm very busy at the moment T_T

Tags:

Spoiler:
Show
DownRangeLion
Rep:
?

BIOLOGY:

CHEMISTRY:

Misc:
-- Personal Statement
-- UCAS application
-- EPQ

--------------------------------
16/09/2021: I think I'm going to focus on some misc stuff now so I can get it sorted. All of it is important so I shouldn't really put it off (as I seem to keep doing XD). I have another timed essay today and my second covid vaccine! Then cadets in the evening lmao that's going to go well with a sore arm.

Time to grind.

Tags:

Spoiler:
Show
Immortal-Reaper
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Good luck with the timed essays!
DownRangeLion
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Immortal-Reaper)
Good luck with the timed essays!
Thank you!!
DownRangeLion
Rep:
?
Update:

Ugh, I'm having a really hard time. My predicted grades came out, and I got ABB, but literally everyone else got As and A*s. Also, I have a hiccup with my ADHD referral; I'm worried I'll never get a diagnosis; especially not in time for A levels. I've spent like half an hour crying in my free today, so I'm obviously loving life /s

It's one of those "I can't do this anymore" days. I feel like I've made my life unnecessarily difficult. Gonna take a few days to recouperate aha :,)

Tags:

Spoiler:
Show
Immortal-Reaper
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by DownRangeLion)
Update:

Ugh, I'm having a really hard time. My predicted grades came out, and I got ABB, but literally everyone else got As and A*s. Also, I have a hiccup with my ADHD referral; I'm worried I'll never get a diagnosis; especially not in time for A levels. I've spent like half an hour crying in my free today, so I'm obviously loving life /s

It's one of those "I can't do this anymore" days. I feel like I've made my life unnecessarily difficult. Gonna take a few days to recouperate aha :,)

Tags:

Spoiler:
Show
Always remember to take breaks School can always wait - also ABB is a great prediction! I know it's hard to do and cliche advice but don't compare yourself to others! A*s are a hard grade to reach and may do more harm than good
DownRangeLion
Rep:
?
Always remember to take breaks School can always wait - also ABB is a great prediction! I know it's hard to do and cliche advice but don't compare yourself to others! A*s are a hard grade to reach and may do more harm than good
Thank you :,) It's just annoying because it gives me worry that I won't get any uni offers. I know I can do this, but it feels so hard T_T XD There's a lot of pressure at the moment I think XD I'm not event that far from an A -- I went through my test with my tutor and the questions I got wrong are only because I wrote it down on paper wrong; she kept saying that I understood all the concepts, but I don't know whether that makes it better or worse; knowing that I could but I didn't :,) Ah well, we'll see what happens.
Cupcakes12
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Your blog is great! :party:

I'm in year 13 too and I don't think you need to worry about having ABB as predicted grades at all.
Please can you tag me in your future blog updates
DownRangeLion
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Cupcakes12)
Your blog is great! :party:

I'm in year 13 too and I don't think you need to worry about having ABB as predicted grades at all.
Please can you tag me in your future blog updates
Awh, thank you! I've made my peace with it, I think I think just discipline and consistency will help in the future! And yes, of course!
DownRangeLion
Rep:
?
03/10/2021, To-Do:

CHEMISTRY:
- Finish Entropy notes
- Do some entropy questions

BIOLOGY:
- Write up woodlice practical (due 4/10/2021)
- Biology questions on photosynthesis (due 4/10/2021)

RS:
Essay A: Explain the Prosperity Gospel (20)
Essay B: Comment on the view that wealth is a sign of God's blessing (30) (due 12/10/2021)
- Write notes for and against women in ordination (due 6/10/2021)
----------------------------------------------
UPDATE: Okay, I went off the rails a bit these past couple of weeks -- I know I shouldn't have! But I read through a book series I've wanted to read for the LONGEST time, and to be honest it actually had benefits to it! It reminded me of why I wanted to do these A levels in the first place, and what I can achieve (the afterword in the last book made me CRY though, it spoke to my naturalist heart sm); the book series is "A Natural History of Dragons" by Marie Brennan -- the books just get better and better through the series and the ending is amazing. And that's the reason why I haven't been posting on here; pure procrastination. It's sparked passion within me though. And as the main character devoted her career to scientific discoveries, I want to prepare to do the same.

ANYWAY: School is generally fine, I think! My chemistry homework has been pretty good, I think! My isomerism homework got 43/50, and my alcohols assessed homework got 32/36. I'm pretty happy with those; I think they're higher than a B, which is what I want. I'm not going to appeal my grade though; I don't really think I could anyway. I also have a chemistry test coming up on the day of half-term, which is both great and annnoying at the same time It's on Isomerism, thermodynamics, and Aldehydes & Ketones. Will hopefully be prepared for that! That's the highlight of the past two weeks! Let's spend this evening trying to cross a big chunk off the to-do list XD.

Tags:

Spoiler:
Show
Immortal-Reaper
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Well Done on those scores! I call that productive procrastinating It's always nice finding your passion again Good luck with the chemistry test!
DownRangeLion
Rep:
?
Well Done on those scores! I call that productive procrastinating It's always nice finding your passion again Good luck with the chemistry test!
Awh, thank you so much!! Ah, yes, that's definitely what I did :laugh: Passion also focuses your mind, I think. I'm glad for it too, aha! Awh, thank you! Hopefully I'll get above 50% this time
DownRangeLion
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
CHEMISTRY:
- Finish Entropy notes
- Do some entropy questions

BIOLOGY:
- Write up woodlice practical (due 4/10/2021)
- Biology questions on photosynthesis (due 4/10/2021)

RS:
Essay A: Explain the Prosperity Gospel (20)
Essay B: Comment on the view that wealth is a sign of God's blessing (30) (due 12/10/2021)
- Write notes for and against women in ordination (due 6/10/2021)

------------------------------------
UPDATE: 14/10/2021

I'm really struggling to stay organised aha -- hopefully I'm able to sort myself out soon. I've had a terrible few days; I keep forgetting to update the void aha. I'm just going to blast through some work and keep this updated over the next few days. I also have a really busy weekend so I hope I can get enough work and revision done!

Tags:

Spoiler:
Show
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (310)
57.84%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (76)
14.18%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (59)
11.01%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (45)
8.4%
I haven't started researching yet (26)
4.85%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
3.73%

Watched Threads