The Student Room Group

why ???

my hair is literally 3cm and i do a simple combover but with a couple hairs on my forehead , its not really long but my mom always makes me get a haircut really short . i really wanna grow it out but am not allowed due to my mom. she says i look "messy" , im 16 and she expects me to have a haircut like phil foden , (looks good on him btw) . also in the morning as soon as i wake up she says my hair is messy and i need a haircut , i havent even combed it yet or had a shower but replies she i dont care , my brother and all my cousins have very short hair 1cm .

Why wont she let me grow it out ? im 16!!

Scroll to see replies

Don't listen to her, she can't physically force you to get a trim. Do what you want, she's not in control.
Reply 2
Original post by myhairispeng
Don't listen to her, she can't physically force you to get a trim. Do what you want, she's not in control.

she literally tricks me sometimes also my relatives say my hair is messy but when they see a celebrity who has the exact same style they say it looks good on them .
Reply 3
the places i get them from £5 haircuts and theyre so bad and i look like a **** afterwards .
Reply 4
Rah I feel you bro my life was just like that before, the only thing was that I didn't even know what a proper haircut was so I was willingly doing that **** trim, but when I found out then I started getting proper hair cuts, I only got into trouble when I got like zero blends/fades cus I stick with long hair
Ngl I'm not sure how to persuade your mum on this one, I did a kinda slowly increasing the hair while waffling
Reply 5
Original post by Slx.24
Rah I feel you bro my life was just like that before, the only thing was that I didn't even know what a proper haircut was so I was willingly doing that **** trim, but when I found out then I started getting proper hair cuts, I only got into trouble when I got like zero blends/fades cus I stick with long hair
Ngl I'm not sure how to persuade your mum on this one, I did a kinda slowly increasing the hair while waffling

im just gonna gel it back when shes there but when im in school or somewhere ill change it up or where a hat (?) , my mom says i have to get one tomorrow because school is on monday ffs. i dont wanna go school with such a **** cut .:angry:
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
my hair is literally 3cm and i do a simple combover but with a couple hairs on my forehead , its not really long but my mom always makes me get a haircut really short . i really wanna grow it out but am not allowed due to my mom. she says i look "messy" , im 16 and she expects me to have a haircut like phil foden , (looks good on him btw) . also in the morning as soon as i wake up she says my hair is messy and i need a haircut , i havent even combed it yet or had a shower but replies she i dont care , my brother and all my cousins have very short hair 1cm .

Why wont she let me grow it out ? im 16!!

Yeh same for me, my parents said my hair looked like **** cuz it’s “too long” and touches my for head but my brother has hair to his shoulders makes sense
Reply 7
Original post by Yes ok
Yeh same for me, my parents said my hair looked like **** cuz it’s “too long” and touches my for head but my brother has hair to his shoulders makes sense

thats unfair tbh , you know what imma slick my hair back and pray she takes the bait
Reply 8
im just gonna gel it back when shes there but when im in school or somewhere ill change it up or where a hat (?) , my mom says i have to get one tomorrow because school is on monday ffs. i dont wanna go school with such a **** cut .:angry:

Yeah a hat might be a nice idea, you allowed to wear hats in school though?
Rip I got my induction tomorrow morning haha
Yeah the hair really does make the man 😔
Reply 9
thats unfair tbh , you know what imma slick my hair back and pray she takes the baiter

least you can slick it back lol , good luck
Original post by Slx.24
Yeah a hat might be a nice idea, you allowed to wear hats in school though?
Rip I got my induction tomorrow morning haha
Yeah the hair really does make the man 😔

nah doubt it cause im going sixth form ....my mom just came in my room now and i told her i dont want a haircut , she was talking to her friend about my haircut today so that mustve helped ? , or she is just saying ok to make me be quiet lol.

i literally look like a different person with short hair , in a bad way
Original post by Yes ok
least you can slick it back lol , good luck

yep but i have this gigantic scar on my forehead which can bring attention lol, but idk how to hide it:confused:
Reply 12
yep but i have this gigantic scar on my forehead which can bring attention lol, but idk how to hide it:confused:

Do a Ksi lol
Original post by Yes ok
Do a Ksi lol

i do hide it with my hair but at the cost of it being "messy"
Reply 14
nah doubt it cause im going sixth form ....my mom just came in my room now and i told her i dont want a haircut , she was talking to her friend about my haircut today so that mustve helped ? , or she is just saying ok to make me be quiet lol.

i literally look like a different person with short hair , in a bad way

Yup you ain allowed for sure then xD
mm maybe do a brain storm and think of all the hairstyles you can do? oh that's good, but how longs your hair rn? Mines coming down to my eyes rn I actually need a hair cut ahahah
Original post by Slx.24
mm maybe do a brain storm and think of all the hairstyles you can do? oh that's good, but how longs your hair rn? Mines coming down to my eyes rn I actually need a hair cut ahahah

my hair is basically like your profile pic but my front hair is down to my eyes lol when I put it down but my sides are short.

imma try the slick back if its possible for me
also the people in my school said i look better with longer hair , i literally asked them
and my mom said they'll make fun of me (???)
Original post by Slx.24

just curious how much do you pay for your haircuts ? cause i think £5 for a haircut is too cheap
Reply 18
just curious how much do you pay for your haircuts ? cause i think £5 for a haircut is too cheap

Well ysee I'm an anomaly 😂😂
I get my dad to cut my hair, I started in lockdown last year and just decided to stick to it to save money cus my mum doesn't give me any.
It's a lot easier for me because I've decided to keep my hair kinda long so there isn't any fading close to the skin, just a trim on the side and back and a scissor cut on the top
But yeah idk how you getting a haircut for £5 cus I only used to get that bcs I knew the guy so much it was like he was my uncle xD
Original post by Slx.24
Well ysee I'm an anomaly 😂😂
I get my dad to cut my hair, I started in lockdown last year and just decided to stick to it to save money cus my mum doesn't give me any.
It's a lot easier for me because I've decided to keep my hair kinda long so there isn't any fading close to the skin, just a trim on the side and back and a scissor cut on the top
But yeah idk how you getting a haircut for £5 cus I only used to get that bcs I knew the guy so much it was like he was my uncle xD

lmao . it literally takes the barber 5-6 minutes to cut my hair its like a pound per minute :colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending