RSC UKChO 2022 Thread (UK Chemistry Olympiad)

Watch
Crow_M
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi everyone. I am crow. I am a UKChO Round 2 Participant (I went to the IChO Training Camp). If you have any questions about Round 1 and 2 feel free to ask away. I know all the 4 IChOers from the UK team so I hope this thread can be a useful resource to you.

I have many resources which can be shared (DM me if you would like them).

In the meantime, if you want to know how to prepare:
- Be confident with all of A Level Chemistry (in particular, the Maths).
- After doing that, read Chemical Structure and Reactivity
- For Organic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry by Clayden is the standard for the International Competition so it should help you all the way from Round 1 to the IChO.

-Crow_M
Kxxxxl
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Hey, would it be alright if i could have the resources you're offering? Im in year 12 but i want to try and get into the second round. Thanks in advance!
ASZ35
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi! Could I have the resources please? Thanks
Crow_M
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Good luck to everyone taking the Chemistry Olympiad!
ASZ35
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Crow_M)
Good luck to everyone taking the Chemistry Olympiad!
Hi, do you have the resources to send me? Thanks
Crow_M
Rep:
(Original post by ASZ35)
Hi, do you have the resources to send me? Thanks
Read the post. I'm unable to send documents directly on TSR as I can't attach the files here.
Ice.Log
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Could you DM me the resources for the UKChO please? Also, how did you find the Cambridge Chemistry Challenge (if you took that prioir to the UKChO)?
ASZ35
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Read the post. I'm unable to send documents directly on TSR as I can't attach the files here.
I’ve privately messaged you instead. Apologies
Crow_M
Rep:
(Original post by Ice.Log)
Could you DM me the resources for the UKChO please? Also, how did you find the Cambridge Chemistry Challenge (if you took that prioir to the UKChO)?
I got a bronze in the C3L6. I then made it to Round 2 in the UKChO.
123amelia
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Hi everyone. I am crow. I am a UKChO Round 2 Participant (I went to the IChO Training Camp). If you have any questions about Round 1 and 2 feel free to ask away. I know all the 4 IChOers from the UK team so I hope this thread can be a useful resource to you.

I have many resources which can be shared (DM me if you would like them).

In the meantime, if you want to know how to prepare:
- Be confident with all of A Level Chemistry (in particular, the Maths).
- After doing that, read Chemical Structure and Reactivity
- For Organic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry by Clayden is the standard for the International Competition so it should help you all the way from Round 1 to the IChO.

-Crow_M
I'd love the resources too if that's alright! thank you!
wliu147
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Hi, I just want to know for sure that will the data for NMR and IR be provided in the exam?
ASZ35
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by 123amelia)
I'd love the resources too if that's alright! thank you!
They won’t sent them, I've DM them twice on here to ask for an email but no reply. Such a shame
Emjmd2004
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Can someone send me them via discord please (TPM#4414)? New tsr account blocks dms
showpoint
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Can I have the resources too? Thank you. Maybe someone could upload them to an external website (e.g. mega.io, mediafire.com) and paste the link here?
Also what would the priority of topics be to learn? Moles, organic reaction mechanisms, NMR, unit cells?
tai_lung95
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 minute ago
Does anyone have the resources?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (73)
22.12%
Note taking apps (6)
1.82%
Flashcards (68)
20.61%
Revision guides (18)
5.45%
Past papers (153)
46.36%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (12)
3.64%

Watched Threads