The Student Room Group

Student finance

Hi,

I changed my original 2nd year application to a different 1st year course and university and it was approved after a week or so. I want to know that SFE said I would have to send a PN1 form eventually if later on during the year my old university ended up sending a withdrawal to SFE then they said they would hold my funding until a PN1 would be complete.

I just wanted to know since I changed my online 2nd year old course and university application for SFE to a new course for 1st year and new university does that mean it’s guaranteed I will get funding for this 1st year if I send a PN1 and they cancel my 1st year online SFE application?

@PQ I know you know my situation, but SFE ended up saying that more or less if during this academic year my old uni sent a withdrawal to SFE then eventually my payments would be held until a PN1 is sent which I just ended up sending on the 19th August.
(edited 2 years ago)
Anyone?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Radioactivewaste
Hi,

I changed my original 2nd year application to a different 1st year course and university and it was approved after a week or so. I want to know that SFE said I would have to send a PN1 form eventually if later on during the year my old university ended up sending a withdrawal to SFE then they said they would hold my funding until a PN1 would be complete.

I just wanted to know since I changed my online 2nd year old course and university application for SFE to a new course for 1st year and new university does that mean it’s guaranteed I will get funding for this 1st year if I send a PN1 and they cancel my 1st year online SFE application?

@PQ I know you know my situation, but SFE ended up saying that more or less if during this academic year my old uni sent a withdrawal to SFE then eventually my payments would be held until a PN1 is sent which I just ended up sending on the 19th August.

Anyone?

Hi, I'm currently responding to messages from 1 day ago.

Every time you post a new message you are placing your thread at the back of the queue and therefore it takes me longer to spot your thread and respond. Please try to only post one message and then you won't lose your place in the queue.

Please confirm if you withdrew from your old course? If we find out you did withdraw then we would cancel your current application and you would be asked to send in a PN1 form.

Thanks, Isaac
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi, I'm currently responding to messages from 1 day ago.

Every time you post a new message you are placing your thread at the back of the queue and therefore it takes me longer to spot your thread and respond. Please try to only post one message and then you won't lose your place in the queue.

Please confirm if you withdrew from your old course? If we find out you did withdraw then we would cancel your current application and you would be asked to send in a PN1 form.

Thanks, Isaac

Hi I understand my apologies. Yes I did send a withdrawal to my old university and they’ve said I don’t need to send one to them as they told me just don’t enrol for year 2. My old university did say they’ve sent a change of circumstances form to SFE for my 2020/21 application to inform you that I will be studying elsewhere for 2021/22. I don’t think they sent a withdrawal but before they even sent the CoC I already had sent the PN1 on the 19th August.
Hi I understand my apologies. Yes I did send a withdrawal to my old university and they’ve said I don’t need to send one to them as they told me just don’t enrol for year 2. My old university did say they’ve sent a change of circumstances form to SFE for my 2020/21 application to inform you that I will be studying elsewhere for 2021/22. I don’t think they sent a withdrawal but before they even sent the CoC I already had sent the PN1 on the 19th August.

If you already sent the PN1 form on the 19/08 then it will be fine.

You should contact your old university and ask them to send us the withdrawal so we can withdraw last years application though.

Thanks, Isaac
If you already sent the PN1 form on the 19/08 then it will be fine.

You should contact your old university and ask them to send us the withdrawal so we can withdraw last years application though.

Thanks, Isaac

Hi,

My 2020/21 is currently still on my online account and it just says payments scheduled when I’ve already been paid and so has my old university. The 2021/22 application was cancelled and it just says application incomplete it will be processed in due time.

Do I still need to tell my old university to cancel the 2020/21 when they’ve already gotten the tuition fees and I’ve gotten the maintenance from it?
Hi,

My 2020/21 is currently still on my online account and it just says payments scheduled when I’ve already been paid and so has my old university. The 2021/22 application was cancelled and it just says application incomplete it will be processed in due time.

Do I still need to tell my old university to cancel the 2020/21 when they’ve already gotten the tuition fees and I’ve gotten the maintenance from it?

If you withdrew, they should withdraw the application.

If you message us on Facebook/Twitter we can review your account.

Thanks, Isaac
If you withdrew, they should withdraw the application.

If you message us on Facebook/Twitter we can review your account.

Thanks, Isaac

Hi,

I did study in 2020/21 therefore received tuition and maintenance for which was my foundation year and now I sent the PN1 for the 2021/22 in which the application is on hold and being waited to process.

Why would my 2020/21 application need to be cancelled when I’ve already gotten the money and the academic year has finished? My old university basically said that they’ve sent a change of circumstances for my 2020/21 application saying that I’m changing university for 2021/22 which I’ve sent the PN1 for?
Hi,

I did study in 2020/21 therefore received tuition and maintenance for which was my foundation year and now I sent the PN1 for the 2021/22 in which the application is on hold and being waited to process.

Why would my 2020/21 application need to be cancelled when I’ve already gotten the money and the academic year has finished? My old university basically said that they’ve sent a change of circumstances for my 2020/21 application saying that I’m changing university for 2021/22 which I’ve sent the PN1 for?

Your 20/21 wouldn't need to be cancelled, it would need to be withdrawn if you withdrew so that we can determine if you were overpaid.

Thanks, Isaac
Your 20/21 wouldn't need to be cancelled, it would need to be withdrawn if you withdrew so that we can determine if you were overpaid.

Thanks, Isaac

Hi,

Oh ok I’ll contact them about it. If I am overpaid what would be done about it since I of course wouldn’t have any money right now since it’s all gone. Also this is the first time I’m hearing about my 2020/21 application has to be withdrawn to determine overpayment none of your colleagues on Twitter or over the phone told me about this before despite telling them the whole situation.
(edited 2 years ago)
@SFE Isaac I just wanted to make sure you understood properly.

I basically sent the PN1 form before my old university even sent the CoC form and subsequently my 2021/22 application which was changed from my old university to my new one and course so it was cancelled before my old university even sent the CoC form via my 2020/21 application because of course my 2021/22 was already cancelled and wasn’t applied to my old university. Knowing this would I still have to get my 2020/21 withdrawn?
Hi,

Oh ok I’ll contact them about it. If I am overpaid what would be done about it since I of course wouldn’t have any money right now since it’s all gone. Also this is the first time I’m hearing about my 2020/21 application has to be withdrawn to determine overpayment none of your colleagues on Twitter or over the phone told me about this before despite telling them the whole situation.

If you withdrew, we need to know the withdrawal date because if you withdrew before the course ended it can result in an overpayment. Any overpayment would be deducted from future funding.

@SFE Isaac I just wanted to make sure you understood properly.

I basically sent the PN1 form before my old university even sent the CoC form and subsequently my 2021/22 application which was changed from my old university to my new one and course so it was cancelled before my old university even sent the CoC form via my 2020/21 application because of course my 2021/22 was already cancelled and wasn’t applied to my old university. Knowing this would I still have to get my 2020/21 withdrawn?

You would only have to get 20/21 withdrawn if you withdrew.

I can only provide general information from the information that is posted. If you contact us on Twitter/Facebook we can review your account.

Thanks, Isaac
If you withdrew, we need to know the withdrawal date because if you withdrew before the course ended it can result in an overpayment. Any overpayment would be deducted from future funding.

You would only have to get 20/21 withdrawn if you withdrew.

I can only provide general information from the information that is posted. If you contact us on Twitter/Facebook we can review your account.

Thanks, Isaac

Hi,

Oh right. Well my old university emailed me back telling me that I don’t need to send a withdrawal to them that I just shouldn’t entropy onto year 2 so I technically didn’t withdraw from university I just informed them that I won’t be returning to the next academic year in which they sent a CoC.

As I didn’t really withdraw because the university didn’t see it necessary and the CoC form was sent in August and my course date ended 16th July technically.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending