20chowac20
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Say I did not get any offers from any of the 5 universities I apply to, and reapply to the same ones next year. Does this count as deferred entry?
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by 20chowac20)
Say I did not get any offers from any of the 5 universities I apply to, and reapply to the same ones next year. Does this count as deferred entry?
No, not unless you are taking a year out before starting - see here.

Why do you expect a different result this time?
Last edited by RogerOxon; 3 months ago
20chowac20
Rep:
(Original post by RogerOxon)
No, not unless you are taking a year out before starting - see here.

Why do you expect a different result this time?
Oh, so deferred entry only applies to applicants who have received an offer but have opted to delay entry? I am a soon to be Y13 applying on UCAS for medicine but its getting increasingly competitive so I am considering my options
RogerOxon
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Oh, so deferred entry only applies to applicants who have received an offer but have opted to delay entry? I am a soon to be Y13 applying on UCAS for medicine but its getting increasingly competitive so I am considering my options
You apply for deferred entry, rather than deferring it after an offer (which may, or may not, be possible).

Medicine is tough, and explains why you're reapplying. Good luck.
20chowac20
Rep:
(Original post by RogerOxon)
You apply for deferred entry, rather than deferring it after an offer (which may, or may not, be possible).

Medicine is tough, and explains why you're reapplying. Good luck.
Sorry if I didn't clarify I meant this is the first time ever that I'm applying.
Interea
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Sorry if I didn't clarify I meant this is the first time ever that I'm applying.
So in October this year you can either apply for entry in September 2022, or deferred entry in September 2023.

If you then reapplied in October 2022, you'd apply for either entry in September 2023, or deferred entry in September 2024. If you applied in October 2022 for September 2023 entry, you'd be a standard applicant (I guess technically a reapplicant, although unis won't necessarily remember you) rather than a deferred entry applicant.

You'd want to think carefully about reapplying to the exact same 4 universities though - be sure to apply strategically based on your GCSEs, A level predictions/achieved grades and UCAT/BMAT scores to give yourself the best chance, and (in the case that you need to reapply next year) use any feedback you're given to be sure your application is improved.
jonathanemptage
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
no deferred entry is when you get an offer and decide to take it up in a year either apply via UCAS for deferred entry or contact the university admissions team after yogurt your offers.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (32)
9.73%
Okay (97)
29.48%
A bit lacking (119)
36.17%
Not good at all (81)
24.62%

Watched Threads