Why are parents like this?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
During the summer holiday we done nothing, we never went out or done anything together.I’ve been rlly bored and depressed because the whole summer holiday I was trapped at home.I’m not allowed to even see my friends.So recently I’ve been going to the park and it was fun with a few family friends but I asked my parents if I can go today n they said no. We don’t ever do anything so the only bit of enjoyment I got was going to the park but even then they don’t want me to go. I’ve never broke their trust or even given them a reason to not trust me but yet they always don’t believe me and always question me. I hate that this always happens and i don’t unstand why they won’t even let me go to the park I’m not asking for them to take me somewhere or asking them to go out with my school friends I’m just asking to go to the park but they won’t even let me go there and the park is literlly 5 mins away from my home. I don’t understand why my parents are like this and it’s so annoying
Anonymous #2
Report 11 months ago
are you a south asian girl?
Nyx:)
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
During the summer holiday we done nothing, we never went out or done anything together.I’ve been rlly bored and depressed because the whole summer holiday I was trapped at home.I’m not allowed to even see my friends.So recently I’ve been going to the park and it was fun with a few family friends but I asked my parents if I can go today n they said no. We don’t ever do anything so the only bit of enjoyment I got was going to the park but even then they don’t want me to go. I’ve never broke their trust or even given them a reason to not trust me but yet they always don’t believe me and always question me. I hate that this always happens and i don’t unstand why they won’t even let me go to the park I’m not asking for them to take me somewhere or asking them to go out with my school friends I’m just asking to go to the park but they won’t even let me go there and the park is literlly 5 mins away from my home. I don’t understand why my parents are like this and it’s so annoying
I'm sorry you're going through this. Living with strict parents is very difficult. Did you ask them why they won't let you go? Have you tried reasoning with them? Tell them how you feel about being trapped in the house with nothing to do.
Anonymous #3
Report 11 months ago
me too
Anonymous #2
Report 11 months ago
but yes, i am in the same boat as you too, i know it sounds typical but my only way out and freedom is marriage lmao
username5706823
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 months ago
but yes, i am in the same boat as you too, i know it sounds typical but my only way out and freedom is marriage lmao
why marriage though?
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Sorry but, marriage?? Sounds very pre-women's rights to me. If you want freedom, get a job, earn money and move away. Don't wait for someone else to save you.
username5706823
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Nyx:))
Sorry but, marriage?? Sounds very pre-women's rights to me. If you want freedom, get a job, earn money and move away. Don't wait for someone else to save you.
yeah marrying for freedom most likely won't work
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by summerbirdreads)
yeah marrying for freedom most likely won't work
For real. That's just a road to another control filled life if she merely marries for freedom. I know we have different cultures, but cultures aren't an excuse for toxicity.
username5706823
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Nyx:))
For real. That's just a road to another control filled life if she merely marries for freedom. I know we have different cultures, but cultures aren't an excuse for toxicity.
exactly!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (8)
24.24%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (10)
30.3%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (2)
6.06%
Speaking to staff members from universities (0)
0%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (3)
9.09%
Reading articles about what steps to take (6)
18.18%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (2)
6.06%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
6.06%

Watched Threads