Permanent home address query?

Watch this thread
PolarIce
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I am moving to Wales from England during my studies for the online Masters with ThinkSpace, partnered with the University of Chichester. At the same time, I am moving in with my partner in Wales, Cardiff. I have just secured a part-time job alongside my studies, but I'm confused whether I'm eligible for the Student Finance Wales. I am moving to my partners place in Wales from September 1st 2021, and then we are going to live together in another flat in Cardiff from 1st October, as the landlord pushed the date back. Now my partners place won't technically be the permanent place of residence, as we're moving shortly after. I am not moving to study specifically, I will just be studying while moving to Wales. Can I put my partners Wales address as my permanent residency, and then change it to our permanent place of residency when we move in together? It's pretty confusing, and would appreciate any help.

Thanks!
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by PolarIce)
I am moving to Wales from England during my studies for the online Masters with ThinkSpace, partnered with the University of Chichester. At the same time, I am moving in with my partner in Wales, Cardiff. I have just secured a part-time job alongside my studies, but I'm confused whether I'm eligible for the Student Finance Wales. I am moving to my partners place in Wales from September 1st 2021, and then we are going to live together in another flat in Cardiff from 1st October, as the landlord pushed the date back. Now my partners place won't technically be the permanent place of residence, as we're moving shortly after. I am not moving to study specifically, I will just be studying while moving to Wales. Can I put my partners Wales address as my permanent residency, and then change it to our permanent place of residency when we move in together? It's pretty confusing, and would appreciate any help.

Thanks!
Hi there, you said you are moving during your studies, so I assume you are currently receiving funding from us (SFE). In this case you will continue to be eligible for SFE funding not SFW.

Thanks, Isaac
PolarIce
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi there, you said you are moving during your studies, so I assume you are currently receiving funding from us (SFE). In this case you will continue to be eligible for SFE funding not SFW.

Thanks, Isaac
Hello! Thanks for replying, I won't be moving during my studies, I'll be moving shortly before I start studying, then then moving swiftly onto another address in Wales as my course starts.
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by PolarIce)
Hello! Thanks for replying, I won't be moving during my studies, I'll be moving shortly before I start studying, then then moving swiftly onto another address in Wales as my course starts.
It sounds like you'd be eligible for SFE funding as you are moving for the purpose of studying.

If you think you should be eligible for SFW funding then you can apply with SFW and they will make a decision.

Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (79)
68.1%
No (28)
24.14%
I didn't use it to prepare (9)
7.76%

Watched Threads