Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I've seen someone on here claim they know an individual who applied to Oxbridge successfully whilst studying at another university and not declaring this. I find this very difficult to believe so wondered if anyone knew how UCAS verifies information, particularly for an Oxbridge application...

Assuming the student uses the same account/email then UCAS would immediately realise they are enrolled elsewhere through their records. However, if someone declined their space a short while before enrolling and enrolled at the university anyway as the university allowed them to (I'd be surprised if any university would) would said university inform UCAS of the enrolment? One would think UCAS has strict measures in place to prevent fraud and yet some people manage to slip through the cracks which baffles me considering how systemise the application is supposed to be. How exactly does UCAS figure out if someone has lied about not being enrolled elsewhere? They wouldn't contact each university a reapplicant had firmed at some point I imagine.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
So someone anonymous on TSR claims to know someone else who isn’t identified who lied on their UCAS application.

So what? Why would you believe that hearsay or care?

Even if true it doesn’t affect your application.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by PQ)
So someone anonymous on TSR claims to know someone else who isn’t identified who lied on their UCAS application.

So what? Why would you believe that hearsay or care?

Even if true it doesn’t affect your application.
I am not a university applicant or admit. I graduated a while ago now. Whether or not they are telling the truth, it has caused me to be interested in the answer to my questions. Specifically if universities contact UCAS to inform them of someone enrolling when they had previously withdrawn from on UCAS. Although I respect the essence of your point; it truly doesn't affect my life in any way but I had a vague curiosity and decided to ask to see if anyone knew of a similar thing or the answers to my questions.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I am not a university applicant or admit. I graduated a while ago now. Whether or not they are telling the truth, it has caused me to be interested in the answer to my questions. Specifically if universities contact UCAS to inform them of someone enrolling when they had previously withdrawn from on UCAS. Although I respect the essence of your point; it truly doesn't affect my life in any way but I had a vague curiosity and decided to ask to see if anyone knew of a similar thing or the answers to my questions.
Your curiosity has lead to you asking for those of us familiar with the fraud detection methods used in ucas application to produce a guide for applicants on how to successfully submit a fraudulent application.

No one familiar with ucas and university fraud prevention is going to produce that guidance.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (29)
6.87%
October 2021 (194)
45.97%
November 2021 (44)
10.43%
December 2021 (56)
13.27%
January 2021 (46)
10.9%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (39)
9.24%