University of Glasgow

University of Glasgow blether thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3420
Original post by bex285
:wavey:
what's up? :redface:

oops I think I even knew that :tongue:
I want to go into Level 2 next year, I need to sit an entrance test to prove I can...I'm half decentish at Spanish but I was wondering if you could send me something similar to the Italian course document, with all the grammary stuff?
French was awful btw, I actually had a sentence that said 'Even if it means that older social workers can't work with people who have problems anymore because they are retired' :eek: I don't think French is my strong point :biggrin:
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Reply 3421
Original post by conway!
oops I think I even knew that :tongue:
I want to go into Level 2 next year, I need to sit an entrance test to prove I can...I'm half decentish at Spanish but I was wondering if you could send me something similar to the Italian course document, with all the grammary stuff?
French was awful btw, I actually had a sentence that said 'Even if it means that older social workers can't work with people who have problems anymore because they are retired' :eek: I don't think French is my strong point :biggrin:

:p:
I'm not sure what you mean, do you mean the schedule thingy? The one for Spanish isn't half as detailed as the Italian one but I will happily send you it :biggrin:
Oh dear god, don't even go there with French :colondollar: I made up half the words in my translation! :s-smilie:
Reply 3422
Original post by bex285
:p:
I'm not sure what you mean, do you mean the schedule thingy? The one for Spanish isn't half as detailed as the Italian one but I will happily send you it :biggrin:
Oh dear god, don't even go there with French :colondollar: I made up half the words in my translation! :s-smilie:

yeaah i was just wondering what to know, especially if they're as subjunctive-happy as dougal :tongue:. Although I've got Schaums which might cover most of it? I hope they let me in :smile:
Reply 3423
Hmm, websurf is busy and not letting me on.

I'm assuming that just means everyone else has had the same idea as me and decided to check for exam results.
Original post by d123

I'm assuming that just means everyone else has had the same idea as me and decided to check for exam results.

I got emailed by Eng Lit when my results were up. Not sure if all departments will do the same tho :s
Reply 3425
Original post by greeneyedgirl
I got emailed by Eng Lit when my results were up. Not sure if all departments will do the same tho :s

Ah, ok. Thanks! I'll keep an eye on my emails then :smile:
Original post by d123
Ah, ok. Thanks! I'll keep an eye on my emails then :smile:

And keep checking fb as well...I'm sure people will post when results are up!
Reply 3427
results are more likely to be released after the 6th of June as a rough guide.
Well maybe the science departments are different but if anything those exams are easier to mark, so i'd say expect your results later
Biology 1B results out... B3 :woo:
Original post by Aurora.

Congrats!
Reply 3430
Original post by Aurora.

Same! Woo go us!
Reply 3431
Original post by Aurora.

Well done!
Reply 3432
Original post by conway!
yeaah i was just wondering what to know, especially if they're as subjunctive-happy as dougal :tongue:. Although I've got Schaums which might cover most of it? I hope they let me in :smile:

I can't find the document but looking through my grammar stuff it's basically: present, present continuous, preterito indefinido, preterito perfecto, imperfect, pluperfect, imperative and subjunctive :redface:

Schaums is really good, that should help a lot!

I'm sure they will :biggrin:
Original post by d123

I did Level 1 philosophy last year as an additional subject to Biology and Chemistry and i got my philosophy result back first so you shouldn't have too long a wait tbh!! Good luck :smile:
Original post by Aurora.

Well done!!

Hopefully level 2 biology results will be out soon too!!
Original post by NonaxD
Same! Woo go us!

Well done :smile:
Did anyone sit any Level 2 biology courses last year? Do you happen to remember roughly when the results were published?
Reply 3437
Original post by Mr Rock N Roll
I did Level 1 philosophy last year as an additional subject to Biology and Chemistry and i got my philosophy result back first so you shouldn't have too long a wait tbh!! Good luck :smile:

Thanks!
Reply 3438
Websurf is now saying 'WebSURF is presently slower than normal because of high activity due to the release of exam results'.
Just got an email

"Now that the exams are over and you're settling into your summer activities, I'm sure you're starting to think seriously about what you plan to do after you graduate this time next year"

As far as I was aware I've only finished first year, and graduation is a LONG TIME OFF! STOP SCARING ME WITH THE REAL WORLD!

Quick Reply