I just looked it up because I couldn't remember. To definitely get a place in English Lit you have to fulfil these requirements (copied from their document last year)
1. Twelve standard courses (240 credits) representing at least three subjects.
2. At least eleven of the standard courses (220 credits) must have been completed with grade D or above.
3. At least four of the twelve standard courses) (80 credits) must be at level 2 or above (and these four courses must represent at least two subjects).
e.g. this normally means a maximum of 20 credits at E, F or G is allowable.
So this means that you have to do 3 courses each term etc, so just the standard stuff, and you have to do 4 courses in level 2 subjects. So you would probably do two level two subjects in second year and one first year subject (for you English Lang)
Then the department asks for
1. All four Level 1 and Level 2 English Literature courses.
2. At least Grade D in each of the two Level 1 courses.
3. At least a B grade in one Level 2 course and at least a C grade in the other.
So you don't need a 2.1 for both terms, a B is a 2.1 and a C would be a 2.2. So even if you might struggle at first it will not be a disaster.
If you don't get those grades you can try and appeal/hope they have a space for you but it's not garuanteed.