The Student Room Logo
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow

University of Glasgow blether thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ArcadiaHouse
I knew a girl from New Jersey who told me her school had an 8am start :eek:

At my uni your classes could fall anywhere between 8am and 9pm. Most were between 10 and 2, but every so often you'd get an evening class.
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Yeah I am...and the lecture is on, it's last monday's we had off :colondollar:

We're in the same lectures :awesome: Thought today's was quite interesting :pierre:
Just discovered going to Berlin the week after Reading Week to see Fran Healy would be unfeasible.

If it was during Reading Week I'd have totally gone. Saved myself some money I suppose :cry2:
Reply 4143
Original post by Aurora.
Haha I had 9am starts all last year and now all this year too. It's not so bad really...

My first one was a nightmare :frown: only because my bus didn't come though, so I drove and got a parking ticket :colondollar:

Fellow Psychologist :biggrin:

Do I need to go to the 9am lecture all the time or can I go to the 5pm one sometimes if I want? It fits in much better with my timetable to go to the 5pm one on a Tuesday but I wasn't sure :colondollar:

I would love to learn German. I nearly chose it instead of Standard Grade French. I love how it's so ... forceful :colone:

Italian is such a sexy language :sexface:

German terrifies me. Italian is soo much cooler :cool:

Original post by conway!
Seriously, I still can't remember the imperative tense and that's 22 weeks extra of teaching...

The culture classes have so much reading, wish you didn't need it for Honours. Eanna gave us a reading list just for the first 5 week block and there's about 6 books on it - only certain chapters but still the effort of finding them all when everyone else wants them too :tongue:

Yup, same! And jeez, same here. I've tried to start my reading early this year though...easing myself in gently by reading the English translations of Kiffe Kiffe Demain and Como Agua Para Chocolate :tongue: they weren't actually bad books! :biggrin:
We're in the same lectures :awesome: Thought today's was quite interesting :pierre:

I found today's interesting, but that's cos I spent it drawing an awkward balloon (which was a man/woman/balloon/hitler/with three hands/a gun/wore a top hat) and a pedo lion with my friend...

Original post by bex285
Do I need to go to the 9am lecture all the time or can I go to the 5pm one sometimes if I want? It fits in much better with my timetable to go to the 5pm one on a Tuesday but I wasn't sure :colondollar:

Nah you can go to 5 if you want!
Reply 4145
Nah you can go to 5 if you want!

Yay :biggrin: thanks!
Had my first class of the semester today. I have another one this week. Jealous?
Reply 4147
Anyone else getting e-mails from departments that have nothing to do with you? I've got one from English Lit and Biology...
Also, I love my new tutorial person. Her e-mail: "I will be giving out sweets as a reward for getting to the right room at the right time"
Me and my friends were at beer bar quiz, apparently they've never been asked for a pitcher of fun before...twas GOOOD!
Reply 4149
Original post by bex285
Really?! The way they put it it's as though you need to use it a lot! That's reassured me somewhat lol.

Ooh thanks :biggrin: I've ordered it anyway but thanks a lot :redface:
Where do I find them? :O I was wondering why the Moodle page for Psych was so bare, that must be why lol. That is also reassuring, you guys are good :p:

Hey, just to get an ad out there, I'm selling the Passer current edition and the 8th edition of the Bio Campbell book, £30 each or £50 for the two! Bargainous!
(edited 12 years ago)
What's the policy on doing an outside subject from a different college(ie doing German as one of your outside subjects of an economics degree?)
I missed a lecture today. I had to urgently go to student services but they kept me waiting for 90 mins. It probably isn't a big deal but I absolutely hate missing lectures. It was level 1 English Language.

Is it a bad sign if you're enjoying an outside subject more than your main one? :erm:
Original post by Mr Dangermouse
What's the policy on doing an outside subject from a different college(ie doing German as one of your outside subjects of an economics degree?)

Should be fine! I'm doing stuff from college of science even though main degree is in college of critical studies :yep:

I missed a lecture today. I had to urgently go to student services but they kept me waiting for 90 mins. It probably isn't a big deal but I absolutely hate missing lectures. It was level 1 English Language.

Is it a bad sign if you're enjoying an outside subject more than your main one? :erm:

I enjoyed English Language more than Eng Lit, hence why I changed degree...

How was the Eng Lit lecture this morning? My hangover could not cope with it so I stayed in bed!

Nope! I applied for Business and Management and am now doing Economic and Social History! That's the beauty of Glasgow's system, that it is so easy to change degree courses.
Original post by dreamyeyed
Nope! I applied for Business and Management and am now doing Economic and Social History! That's the beauty of Glasgow's system, that it is so easy to change degree courses.

I can't change courses though. I didn't do level 1 Classics, but I'm doing level 2, so I couldn't take it to honours. :redface:
I enjoyed English Language more than Eng Lit, hence why I changed degree...

How was the Eng Lit lecture this morning? My hangover could not cope with it so I stayed in bed!

I still love Eng Lit, just not wild about the actual texts we're doing :tongue: I hope honours is better, where we can pick our texts (I think).

It was some guy talking about Things Fall Apart, and symbolism and stuff in it. I'm very tired today so I didn't really take much of it in. :redface:
Reply 4156
Original post by cmk1985
Hey, just to get an ad out there, I'm selling the Passer current edition and the 8th edition of the Bio Campbell book, £30 each or £50 for the two! Bargainous!

I already bought the one I need, thanks anyway :smile:
Is anyone here going to the Freshers Festival on Queen Street on Thursday/Friday?
Reply 4158
Anyone know why the bell that rings from the main building rings continusly from 8.30ish?
Original post by NonaxD
Anyone know why the bell that rings from the main building rings continusly from 8.30ish?

I'd like to know this too! :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest