The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

University of Glasgow blether thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5600
Original post by Cressida
Out of curiosity, does the University monitor the content of your email exchanges?

I haven't done anything bad per say but recently one of my correspondences with a friend descended into a (joking) sexual-banter fest. And now I am getting paranoid that I will be expelled for talking about sex, lecturers and getting frisky on the 6th floor annexe. :frown:

Loool nah you're safe I think :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
hi everyone! i'm trying to choose my first year subjects and I was wondering if there will be time to go from one lecture to another if my German lecture ends at 2 but then Economics starts at 2. I mean, I can't be that fast :biggrin:
This is driving me nuts! I completed both the registration and financial registration easily enough but then I tried to stat picking courses! So confused, I'm attempting to located my History courses but they only have one up worth 20 points in semester one and none for semester two. Does anyone know if this is right because I thought I would see two history courses to give me 40 points :/
Reply 5603
I've already registered and enrolled (just in case!), but I was wondering, what about the Advisor bit? Do we have to contact them or something, or only meet them the first week...?
Reply 5604
Do you have to pick classes for 1st year mech eng? Not got a clue whats going on lol
Hope to get my email this week

Edit: found a guide for 1st year mech students but not sure if I get to pic additional courses
http://www.gla.ac.uk/media/media_238743_en.pdf
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Annie-Bananie
hi everyone! i'm trying to choose my first year subjects and I was wondering if there will be time to go from one lecture to another if my German lecture ends at 2 but then Economics starts at 2. I mean, I can't be that fast :biggrin:

Hi there, I noticed that you're also going to be starting German at Glasgow in September. Was just wondering if you've managed to enroll in both non beginners' language and culture? I wasn't able to enroll in both because the enrollment meetings clash (presumably they just do one meeting for the course instead of for both classes, but the computer system obviously doesn't get that!). I've sent an email to the arts chief adviser but I don't know how quickly they'll respond....
Thanks
I may have accidentally told the university I have a long term disability and that I would like disability services to contact me.

Oh dear. I think I preferred Websurf.
Original post by rachel12793
Hi there, I noticed that you're also going to be starting German at Glasgow in September. Was just wondering if you've managed to enroll in both non beginners' language and culture? I wasn't able to enroll in both because the enrollment meetings clash (presumably they just do one meeting for the course instead of for both classes, but the computer system obviously doesn't get that!). I've sent an email to the arts chief adviser but I don't know how quickly they'll respond....
Thanks

I'm having the same issue with a time table clash that shouldn't really be occurring either :tongue: The arts chief advisor is really awesome and he responds quite quickly! :smile:
Thanks

Hi Rachel! My adviser told me that since it clashes only once it should be ok. I will probably attend German Language enrollment meeting and see what happens, may be they will bring the whole German class together. Anyways, it is not our fault since obviously everyone who's taking German is in the same situation :smile:
Hi Rachel! My adviser told me that since it clashes only once it should be ok. I will probably attend German Language enrollment meeting and see what happens, may be they will bring the whole German class together. Anyways, it is not our fault since obviously everyone who's taking German is in the same situation :smile:

Thanks for letting me know :smile:. Did your adviser say anything about what to do in terms of enrollment on MyCampus? Sorry about all the questions!
Original post by G8D
Probably, yes. If it's anything like nearly every other degree then mech will only be 1/3 of your first and possibly second year of university if that.

I would imagine engineering will have more compulsory classes than that. Can't be sure though.
Thanks for letting me know :smile:. Did your adviser say anything about what to do in terms of enrollment on MyCampus? Sorry about all the questions!

I just emailed him again since I couldn't enroll for the language class because of this one single clash. It's a bit frustrating, isn't it? I hope they will solve this problem as this is the only time that fits me. Have you already tried to enroll?
I just emailed him again since I couldn't enroll for the language class because of this one single clash. It's a bit frustrating, isn't it? I hope they will solve this problem as this is the only time that fits me. Have you already tried to enroll?

Yeah, I've enrolled for English Literature, English Language and German non beginners' culture but I wasn't allowed to enroll for German non beginners' language because of the clash. It is quite annoying as you'd think whoever uploaded the classes would realise the system wouldn't allow for 2 meetings at the same time! Will let you know what the adviser says when he/she gets back to me.
Yeah, I've enrolled for English Literature, English Language and German non beginners' culture but I wasn't allowed to enroll for German non beginners' language because of the clash. It is quite annoying as you'd think whoever uploaded the classes would realise the system wouldn't allow for 2 meetings at the same time! Will let you know what the adviser says when he/she gets back to me.

same here, hoping to hear from my adviser soon and i'll let you know whatever I find out :smile:
Does anybody know what's supposed to happen about the freshers events that happen before the 10th at the Unions since we won't have our freshers passes by then? Basically how do we get in without our passes? Thanks in advance

Reply 5615
Since level 3 life science students dont get their timetable on mycampus, can someone who has an actual timetable tell me when their lectures start?
Reply 5616
I applied for the French and Spanish course ,got an uncondional offer which i have accepted but now i want to change it to French and Russian.What should i do?Is it possible? I suppose i should talk to my adviser when i come to Glasgow but on the other hand when i registered at MyCampus yesterday it asked me to put the course i would follow and officially it is the one that i applied for but as i said i want to change Spanish for Russian......Is it ok to to put down Spanish and then at university to change it to Russian or to put down Russian so they can see that i want to change my second language?
Original post by G8D
Glasgow clubs are classy establishments compared to Norwegian ones. I just thought I'd let you all know.

They're classy compared to Cambridge clubs...I miss Glasgow! Shall give an update on comparison to Calgary clubs when I'm out there!

Eng Lang is the best thing ever. EVER. You will love it :yep:

Original post by WeNeverWrote
Does anybody know what's supposed to happen about the freshers events that happen before the 10th at the Unions since we won't have our freshers passes by then? Basically how do we get in without our passes? Thanks in advance

I think those are available for everyone (even non freshers iirc) so you won't have any problem. Just print off a letter saying you're at uni or whatever just in case.
Reply 5618
Original post by NonaxD
Since level 3 life science students dont get their timetable on mycampus, can someone who has an actual timetable tell me when their lectures start?

I'm L3 life sciences too, I think they start the week after freshers? So Monday the 17th ish

Reply 5619
Original post by aledora
I applied for the French and Spanish course ,got an uncondional offer which i have accepted but now i want to change it to French and Russian.What should i do?Is it possible? I suppose i should talk to my adviser when i come to Glasgow but on the other hand when i registered at MyCampus yesterday it asked me to put the course i would follow and officially it is the one that i applied for but as i said i want to change Spanish for Russian......Is it ok to to put down Spanish and then at university to change it to Russian or to put down Russian so they can see that i want to change my second language?

When you were accepted you were accepted into the Faculty of Arts in general (or I think it's called School now...) You could go do Czech and Italian if you decided, assuming it's the same as when I started. You do 3 subjects too, so you could do Spanish Russian and French if you wanted.
(I'd talk to your adviser before you did much with MyCampus though, maybe it's set to accept what you applied for in the first place)
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending