University of Glasgow
Visit website
Original post by G8D
Rate of interest on SAAS loans?

2.5% I'm sure
Reply 6102
Original post by G8D
Rate of interest on SAAS loans?

As (presumably) we're all pre 2012 students it's set every September at the lower of RPI as at March of that year (subject to a 0% floor) and the Bank of England base rate+1%

It WAS formerly just RPI at March, but the financial crash forced them to add that in.
The list of interest rates that matter for anyone who started before 2012 are here:
http://www.studentloanrepayment.co.uk/portal/page?_pageid=93,6678642&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL
RPI for March this year hasn't been released (but it hasn't dipped below 2% for nearly 4 years), but the BoE base rate has been 0.5% for about 3 years now so interest for 2013 is likely to be capped at 1.5%
2008/09 was effectively (approximately) somewhere between 2.3-2.4% APR
(edited 11 years ago)
Woo interest holiday for 2009/10!
Reply 6104
I haven't seen my student loan statement since i finished my 2nd year (out of 6) so I don't actually know how much I owe.

Based on some rough calculations though I reckon I'll have somewhere between 40-50% of it paid off by the end of this year and could have it all paid off in 2 years time.

SWEET
Original post by munn
I haven't seen my student loan statement since i finished my 2nd year (out of 6) so I don't actually know how much I owe.

Based on some rough calculations though I reckon I'll have somewhere between 40-50% of it paid off by the end of this year and could have it all paid off in 2 years time.

SWEET

Impressive! How's post uni life treating you?
Reply 6106
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Impressive! How's post uni life treating you?

It's exhausting. I have exams in a little over a week so it's 2.30 on a Friday night/Saturday morning and I'm hunched over a desk doing statistics.

But only because I seriously neglected studying in months prior (that sounds rather familiar...), oh, and I'm getting paid for it so I can't really complain.

My office put me on an awful awful rotation back in January that lasted until 2 weeks ago (2 days a week every week), which basically sapped all of my enthusiasm for life, and I came out of it to go straight into exam-hibernation mode, so it's safe to say that I'm looking forward to April 26th somewhat. Apart from that I generally love my job, even though I was in the office until nearly 8pm tonight I don't mind because I enjoy what I'm doing.

How's Canada eh?
Original post by munn
It's exhausting. I have exams in a little over a week so it's 2.30 on a Friday night/Saturday morning and I'm hunched over a desk doing statistics.

But only because I seriously neglected studying in months prior (that sounds rather familiar...), oh, and I'm getting paid for it so I can't really complain.

My office put me on an awful awful rotation back in January that lasted until 2 weeks ago (2 days a week every week), which basically sapped all of my enthusiasm for life, and I came out of it to go straight into exam-hibernation mode, so it's safe to say that I'm looking forward to April 26th somewhat. Apart from that I generally love my job, even though I was in the office until nearly 8pm tonight I don't mind because I enjoy what I'm doing.

How's Canada eh?

Sounds stressful and tiring, but at least it's money!

Canada is awesome, although equally stressful as nearly exams for me too (24th, 25th and 26th). Plus I've had the nasty realisation that my year abroad is nearly over and now I'm super sad and pretty much every time anyone mentions how much they're gonna miss me I have to forcefully restrain from bursting into tears.
Reply 6108
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Sounds stressful and tiring, but at least it's money!

Canada is awesome, although equally stressful as nearly exams for me too (24th, 25th and 26th). Plus I've had the nasty realisation that my year abroad is nearly over and now I'm super sad and pretty much every time anyone mentions how much they're gonna miss me I have to forcefully restrain from bursting into tears.

Awww that must suck, surely you have a few months left yet? They'll fly in, but no quicker than they already have
Original post by munn
Awww that must suck, surely you have a few months left yet? They'll fly in, but no quicker than they already have

Leave on 1st of May. Going travelling for the month and will have a few days back in Canada before leaving again, but yeah not exactly long left at all.
Reply 6110
Does anyone know whether Glasgow School of Art students will be able to play in the sports clubs/teams from 2013/14? Apparently from this year 2012/13 there are no facilities for GSA students to play any sports apart from the gym.

Does anyone know if the constitution will be changed for 2013/14 onwards as they had previously been able to be active in club sports and represent teams at the University of Glasgow? The degrees at GSA are validated by the University of Glasgow.
Original post by time4T
Does anyone know whether Glasgow School of Art students will be able to play in the sports clubs/teams from 2013/14? Apparently from this year 2012/13 there are no facilities for GSA students to play any sports apart from the gym.

Does anyone know if the constitution will be changed for 2013/14 onwards as they had previously been able to be active in club sports and represent teams at the University of Glasgow? The degrees at GSA are validated by the University of Glasgow.

Apparently it was a change in insurance rather than GUSA wanting to exclude the Art School students. I'd advise emailing the uni sport & rec service about it, not sure if they're able/willing to reverse the decision though. It's a shame!
Reply 6112
Original post by sparklysparkles
Apparently it was a change in insurance rather than GUSA wanting to exclude the Art School students. I'd advise emailing the uni sport & rec service about it, not sure if they're able/willing to reverse the decision though. It's a shame!

It is a shame. It's the thing that concerns me the most. Are you in any of the sports clubs/teams? Are the members able to do anything about it?
Original post by time4T
It is a shame. It's the thing that concerns me the most. Are you in any of the sports clubs/teams? Are the members able to do anything about it?

Which team are you particularly interested in? I'm on the lacrosse team, but sadly I have no idea about this so can't help you. :frown:
Does anyone know if honours exam results are released one by one or all at the same time once every paper has been marked? :smile: I remember getting one result around 8 June last year but I'm leaving the country on the 2nd this year, would rather get them before I go away.
Reply 6115
I thought it went by subject? Hmm I'm getting mine mid may this year, but I'm only 3rd year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LSD
I thought it went by subject? Hmm I'm getting mine mid may this year, but I'm only 3rd year.

I'm in third year too. How do you find out the order they're being released? If it's mid-May for me too that's great. :biggrin:
Reply 6117
Original post by ArcadiaHouse
I'm in third year too. How do you find out the order they're being released? If it's mid-May for me too that's great. :biggrin:

The head of my course said his markers meeting is the 13th May and we should get them out after that, there's only about 40 on my course right enough, but the meeting will probably include the 2 sister courses so thats around 100 to be marked by the 13th and our last exam is the 10th. They're quick on it this year, maybe other courses will be the same since it's taken so long in previous years. I think mine were June last year :frown:
Does anyone know if honours exam results are released one by one or all at the same time once every paper has been marked? :smile: I remember getting one result around 8 June last year but I'm leaving the country on the 2nd this year, would rather get them before I go away.

Obviously it depends on your department/subject, but I was told all our results would be uploaded to Mycampus on the same day. I'm single Honours though, so it might vary for joint!

I got all of my finals results at the same time last year. I remember seeing a document somewhere in the labyrinth of the university website that listed the days on which different paper lecturers would convene to decide on grades, but I can't remember where :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending